Steam tug

Advert

Steam tug

Home Forums All things floating Steam tug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Trevor Drabble 1
    Participant
      @trevordrabble1

David , thank you for the explanation , much appreciated.

Advert
      David Marks 2
      Participant
        @davidmarks2
        Posted by Ray Wood 2 on 06/06/2023 09:14:11:

Hi David,

Cervia is 28" X 6.75" at 1- 48th scale and she's at Ramsgate so easy to visit, she's on my list

SARIK sell the plans.

Regards Ray

Ray – Thanks for the info. Models by Design did a semi kit from which Dave Brumstead built the Falconbrook which was Blackboys renamed and with a modified superstructure. So possibly a hull may popup on eBay one day. I have plenty of other models on the "To Do List" in the mean time.

I am just completing my latest creation so will be coming down to Chantry in the near future (a) to join and (b) to take some action shots as I promised Lindsey I would put a set of drawings together plus a build feature, photos etc., for a future edition of MB.

Regards – David Marks

Boiler Bri
        Participant
          @boilerbri

Well I have not progressed too far. Work has kept me from going to look at the tug hull in Barnsley.
          On Sunday I have my shoulder muscles fastened back together so that will be it for 6 weeks in Sling.

I ordered or bid on a set of warrior drawings for the engine. Paid for them and waited. Delivery date passed and then got then got suspicious. Seller on eBay had closed the account and buggered off. . . EBay is refunding. Shame because in 20 years of being a active participant of eBay that’s my first bad experience.

So the hunt goes on for the drawings and parts ready for the winter months.

There looks to be a lot of laser cutting going on in the model world from suppliers so if I don’t manage to get to Barnsley to look at the fibreglass hull I can go back to making one with wood

Bri

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)