PS Glen Rosa

Advert

PS Glen Rosa

Home Forums Build Blogs PS Glen Rosa

• This topic has 29 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Alasdair Allan.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Alasdair Allan
    Participant
      @alasdairallan37423

IMG_9883

Advert
      Alasdair Allan
      Participant
        @alasdairallan37423

Glen Rosa is now essentially complete, bar a few human figures and some steps up to the bridge. My work doesn’t give me much spare time, but I have managed this build in about 15 months. After trimming ballast in the bath again, it’s sea trials on the pond. Any reader in the Edinburgh area who wishes to join me is very welcome. I have waders, but am hoping they will not be required!

Richard Simpson
        Participant
          @richardsimpson88330

Always worth tying a long piece of string to a model for the first time on the water.  I certainly recommend it for steam powered models.  Even if you have waders on you can recover it a lot quicker with some string.  The danger is, of course, not letting it get tangled in the prop or the paddles in your case!  After a few minutes if you’re happy with the way it handles take the string off and run it up and down close to the bank to start with.  Then go for it.

James Hill 5
          Participant
            @jameshill5

Lovely model Alasdair. Good luck with the sea trials.

I like Richards suggestion of a piece of string, but if you have waders you should be ok.

Sure you won’t need them.

Jim.

Alasdair Allan
            Participant
              @alasdairallan37423

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)