would this be a model of the Atlantica

Advert

would this be a model of the Atlantica

Home Forums Sailing Models would this be a model of the Atlantica

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    STEPHEN WHITING
    Participant
      @stephenwhiting27109

Hi

just bought this and am a novice at anything to do with boats

saw this in a shop and was in my price range. needs some bits doing to it and am looking forward to working on it

the model is just over 2m long and I assume it is a relatively new import.

I have looked at images of 3 masted schooners and the closest is the Atlantic can really only find either models which all look different so I assume the is a certain amount of draughtmans licence involved in modelling I would like to add accessories like anchors, bells, cleats etc but would like to put them at least somewhere where they should go.

So my question is do you think it was supposed to be a model of the Atlantic and if so how to go about finding information on how it would have looked.

there was a replica built recently of which I can find images but dont know if some of the fittings are modern.

If anyone has any ideas of age or origin they woud be most welcome

Advert
      STEPHEN WHITING
      Participant
        @stephenwhiting27109
        Richard Simpson
        Participant
          @richardsimpson88330

I would put "Three masted Schooner" into Google and have a dig through the results. Here's just a couple of interesting ones:

Three Masted Schooner Link

Three Masted Schooner Link 2

and I take it you have found this?

Schooner Atlantic Link

I suspect that there is a certain degree of modeller's license with your example and it is possibly simply made as a typical three masted schooner rather than a specific one. That at least gives you more flexibility with the location of the details you refer to.

I have seen the type of model you have before and I think a lot of them are of Far Eastern origin with most of them simply being made to 'represent' a photograph that the builder has to hand. A bit of a clean and tidy though and she will make an impressive display.

Edited By Richard Simpson on 12/12/2021 09:34:04

Empire Parkstone
          Participant
            @empireparkstone

Robbe Atlantis only a 2 Master

Richard Simpson
            Participant
              @richardsimpson88330

I think what was being suggested was that the model resembles the real three masted Schooner 'Atlantic' rather than the Robbe model 'Atlantis'.

Empire Parkstone
              Participant
                @empireparkstone

I know missed the fact that he had already bought it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)