plans for tea clipper

Advert

plans for tea clipper

Home Forums Sailing Models plans for tea clipper

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hutch
    Participant
      @hutch73959

Hi Guys

A friend of mine found a copy of the John. N. Griffiths. book Making a static scale model of the"Sea Witch." A celebrated China Tea clipper built in in New York in 1846. Lenght 170.3ft beam 33.11ft,depth 19.00ft. 907 tons the plans are for a model approx 2ft.The plans could be scaled up for a working model?

Cheers,

Hutch.

Advert
      hutch
      Participant
        @hutch73959

making a model tea clipper sea witch 1846

hutch
        Participant
          @hutch73959

Hi Guys

How is this for a coincidence I went to a NMRA model train meeting last Saturday and our host Jane opened her home to us members, on the wall she has three oil paintings of Clipper ships painted by a Kennion Brindal in 1975-6

The Hesperus, Illawarra,and Ariel !

The Hesperus with every sail up, The Illawarra reefed down in a storm, Ariel at anchor.I have camera shots of all three on my PC that I will up load to USB drive to have enlarged copies made for framing.

I can not get over the fact I now have a print copy of Ariel the very ship I am building a working model of.as I did not know any painting of Ariel existed.

Cheers,

Hutch

Bob Wilson
          Participant
            @bobwilson59101

Put "Tea Clipper Ariel" in Google search and you will find loads of paintings, photographs etc of Ariel.

Bob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)