Model slipway Aziz tug kit

Advert

Model slipway Aziz tug kit

Home Forums All things floating Model slipway Aziz tug kit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Laurence Kemsley
    Participant
      @laurencekemsley47233

Hi all

I am deciding whether to buy the Aziz tug from Modelslipway. This is the first product I will be buying from them and don’t know how good the quality is. If any one has built the Aziz, please tell me how good of a model it is.

Thanks

Advert
      Paul T
      Participant
        @pault84577

Hi

I built the Trent lifeboat from model slipway and whilst it was a fiend to build the parts and instructions were first class and if you get stuck you can always give them a ring, I found that they were only to willing to help with the awkward bits.

Friends who have built the Aziz found it fairly easy to build and that the quality of the parts are excellent.

Hope this helps

paul

Manxman
        Participant
          @manxman

Hi Laurence,

I’m probably not the person to advise here as I’ve never built a kit before, but nip over to Slipways website – its great – there are about 6 different builds and a couple of kit reviews for the Aziz there, which should help you immensely.   This tug was on my short list for a build but ended up with the Imara and Boston Typhoon – and before Paul has a go at me – yes I know they are not suitable models for a first kit, but how much harder can it be than sticking 60,ooo matches together.

Good luck with your choice and enjoy the build.

Cheers Ken

ps Google the web and grab as many pictures and save them into a folder for reference and ideas whilst your building ….

Paul T
          Participant
            @pault84577

Ken

I would not dream of having a go at you but you are right they would be unsuitable for a first kit. but your advice about hunting the net for pics is spot on.

Laurence I hope you have a great time building this kit, please take some photos during the build and post them on this site so we can all have a look.

Paul

Ducky
            Participant
              @ducky

Hi Lawrance

I bought the Aziz kit from Model slipway at the Blackpool Show and as I’ve built two others of the slipway kits I’d no doubts about the quality of the parts, Laurie White the owner said that it would be a quick start and then it would slow down when you get to the fiddely bits,so I ve started by making up the winches 4 of them and they are all painted and ready to go on the deck now

There is an excellent site on the slipway web in Aziz builds,that a chap from New York City has built with a daily log (dated and pictures) and by the time he and his son walk though the city to Central Park boating lake he gets stopped that many times, its often time to start for home by the time he gets there!

If you go on to Photobucket / model boats /veldas you will find the start of my build and the Wyeforce Tug and Coaster are in there as well with easier ways of putting in the deck supports. there are also pictures of the tug and coaster in my album this site!!

Ducky

Tim Cooper
              Participant
                @timcooper90034

Laurence

Sorry took time to reply, been busy and away from home.

I bought the Aziz kit just over 2 years ago and I am just finishing it off now.  I haven’t had any major problems with the kit, I’m not a fast builder so have taken my time and it’s coming together quite well.  The parts are very good and go together well, the instruction book is comprehensive with illustrations and useful parts list but the written instructions are not as complete as a Robbe kit. It’s not given me any problems though, I would liked to have had the space to pin up all the plans (3 large sheets) as sometimes they are more useful than the instructions.  I think you probably need to have built something before or have some modelling experience, but if you take your time there shouldn’t be any problems.

Tim

Rodney Savage
                Participant
                  @rodneysavage35871

Hi Laurece

I have nothing but admiration for Model Slipway I ham currently building a Drumbeat of Devon and this is of the highest quality easy to follow instructions and clear plans,

A couple of stanchions which were sent wrongly were changed immediately.

I put a lot of thought into building the model and read the instructions along with the plans several times before starting the build, I found the build to be fairly easy although painting had to be done as you go along. some degree of planning the build is required

Model almost completed now having spent some 220hrs on the build just windows and glazing along with wiring which should be very easy now I have purchased a p92 Circuit Board from Action

Looking forward to launch day probably in the spring.

As for Model Slipway i will certainly be buying my next kit from them a Trent Class Lifeboat

Ian Headland
                  Participant
                    @ianheadland47852

Building an Al Khubar from Slipway and perfectly happy with th kit and mine was sent to South Africa.The quality of the kit is exceptional. But read the instructions twice and think logivally when building

Laurence Kemsley
                    Participant
                      @laurencekemsley47233
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)