Maycraft Mercury

Advert

Maycraft Mercury

Home Forums Collectors’ corner Maycraft Mercury

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ian Gardner
    Participant
      @iangardner62867
      Advert
      Ian Gardner
      Participant
        @iangardner62867
        After seeing an old advert in the Commemorative Issue I identified the Maycraft Mercury as a boat I have in my possession and would like to find our more about it.
        I know it was produced in the early sixties- probably beginning in 1961- and was distributed by AA Hales and E.Keil (that’s in the advert for all to see!)
        I have also discovered that there is a review in Model Maker March 1961, the one with the Bardic Ferry on the front. So if anyone has that copy and would be prepared to photocopy the article I would be very grateful.
        Any other information would be welcome, either about the boat itself,  the company, ‘Maycraft’,  the designer, Harry May or any of their other products I would be interested. I believe another boat they did was called ‘Meteor’.
        I would like to restore my model and any information would be most welcome and, of course, the icing on the cake would be a copy of the drawing that came with the kit, but I realise this is a very long shot!
        Hope someone can help.
        Ian Gardner
        Colin Bishop
          @colinbishop34627
          Ian,

I have the copy of Model Maker but the Mercury review is on one page only and very short, a bit like a ‘Test Bench’ item in a current issue. I can scan it for you if you like or alternatively photocopy it.

The Meteor was a destroyer model if I remember correctly.

Colin 

Edited By Colin Bishop, Website Editor on 20/05/2010 16:46:44

Ian Gardner
          Participant
            @iangardner62867
            Thanks Colin,

I wouldn’t mind having a copy if it isn’t too much trouble. An emailed scan would be easiest for you I should think. I give you my email address througha pm.
            By the way I like the ideas for a ‘Best of…’ issue and await with interest – I’m a terrible sucker for all the old stuff.

Ian
            Colin Bishop
              @colinbishop34627
              Scan sent.

Best of luck with it.

Colin
              Ian Gardner
              Participant
                @iangardner62867

Thanks for the scan Colin. I found it very interesting and I’m looking forward to the restoration of this boat- in the fulness of time.
                If anyone else has information I would be interested to hear of it.

Ian
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)