Inherited model identification & help

Advert

Inherited model identification & help

Home Forums Sailing Models Inherited model identification & help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jo Fleet
    Participant
      @jofleet70033

Hi all

My grandad built a boat for each of his grandchildren – gradually smaller with each of us, but I’m the eldest! He unfortunately died a few weeks ago & I’ve just collected my boat.
      I’m a little daunted at its size and complexity, I’ve never built it owned a model like this, although my husband does build high standard model aeroplanes.

Wondering if anyone recognises the model of boat/yacht/ship (excuse the bad terminology!) as I’m not sure if it was scratch built, a kit or something that’s identifiable.

I do remember sailing her on a local pond, but we can’t see any receivers for the RC.

There’s a few repairs to do the rope balustrade and a general tidy up as it’s been sat on a shelf for nearly 40 years.
      I also need to find a way of making a new stand and getting her in a wall in our plasterboarded house, which we’re reluctant to do with her weight.

Any help, guidance or advice is welcomed!

Advert
      Jo Fleet
      Participant
        @jofleet70033

Inherited a large model sailing boat & need a bit of guidance

Dave Milbourn
        Participant
          @davemilbourn48782

Jo

We can do little to help unless you post some photos. A guide on doing so is here How to post a photo on MB Forum

Dave M

Jo Fleet
          Participant
            @jofleet70033

130efe33-fa8d-4c63-a12e-8843aceddd3b.jpeg3f425803-391e-4465-b74c-0b0cc1466d5c.jpeg

Jo Fleet
            Participant
              @jofleet70033

Sorry, thought it loaded with my original post. No idea how to get them the right way up though! Hopefully these will help a bit.

Thanks

Gareth Jones
              Participant
                @garethjones79649

Hi Jo,

I am pretty sure your yacht is built from a kit by Robbe under the name Inga IV. If you google it there is some information available on the web. Robbe no longer exists in its own right but the kits were taken over by Krick and are being marketed under the name Ro-Marin but I don't think Inga IV is available at present.

Gareth

Empire Parkstone
                Participant
                  @empireparkstone

Its been around for donkeys years never by Robbe originally https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=23045.0

**LINK**

Edited By Empire Parkstone on 12/06/2020 18:59:58

Jo Fleet
                  Participant
                    @jofleet70033

Amazing, thank you! Are spares easily available?

Malcolm Frary
                    Participant
                      @malcolmfrary95515

Actual Robbe spares are unlikely, but many of the parts are likely to have generic equivalents.

A 40 year old radio is probably not going to be a good option, times have moved on and standards have changed. Depending on what controls are needed, a modern radio can be had for quite modest cost, and will probably be more reliable than one from a long time ago. A complete 4 channel radio outfit on 2.4GHz can be had for about the same cost as a receiver and crystals for older systems, and will work without the probem of avoiding sharing channels.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)