Foxwolf Brushless Motor

Advert

Foxwolf Brushless Motor

Home Forums R/C & Accessories Foxwolf Brushless Motor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ken Banks 1
    Participant
      @kenbanks1

Setting up

Advert
      Ken Banks 1
      Participant
        @kenbanks1

I have been gien a Foxwolf SP201420920 outrunner motor but I can't find any detaiks about it on the web. It has a spinner cone and may have been for previous helicopter / drone use.

I want to use it in a 36" Torpedo Boat style hull.

Does any member know its Kv rating etc. and the best BEC. I assume 30Amp would suffice with 3s LiPo batteries..

I also assume that there is no special requirement for a transmitter and Receiver.

Ken

ashley needham
        Participant
          @ashleyneedham69188

Ken. Unless someone can actually find this on `t internet (and I have a had a quick look to no avail) it will remain a mystery.

As you don` know hhe specs, its a bit of a gamble as to whether it will be any good for your boat. Its diameter and length may give some clues….. 28mm is a common size for instance, and the lower Kv ones are longer than the high revving ones, but even then, there is no difference between some 1300 Kv ones and 2200 Kv ones!

A 28mm motor is unlikely to be taking 30A so a 30A esc would be ok, but a 35mm motor could well bust that big time.

Ultimately. only trying it on the boat with a wattmeter will give you any clues. No special requirement for receiver. I use 27Meg still all ok on brushless.

Ashley

Ken Banks 1
          Participant
            @kenbanks1

Hi Ashley

Many thanks for your informative reply.

The case diameter measures 28.25mm and its length s 23.25mm .

I'll have a bash with a 30 amp esc.. and a 2S LiPo.

Cheers

Ken

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)