Fishing Boat Info Wanted Please.

Advert

Fishing Boat Info Wanted Please.

Home Forums All things floating Fishing Boat Info Wanted Please.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Avia Com
    Participant
      @aviacom93695

Hi Guys,

I’ve spent most of the day gawping and obsessing over the modern ‘Skogsoy’ Norwegian fishing boats!

Built buy ‘GOT AS’ in Norway.

I absolutely love them!!

The variety of uses, the overall hull shape, the size, just lovely.

Has anyone on here ever built a model of one, or know of anyone/anywhere that has?

Could anyone point me in the direction for a set of plans for one please? I’d absolutely love to do one of these unusual boats!

Hopefully someone can help.

Cheers.

Advert
      Avia Com
      Participant
        @aviacom93695
        gecon
        Participant
          @gecon

Hi,

'GOT AS' is "Global Ocean Technology A/S" (A/S means the company is a corporarion or limited company) supported by shareholders.

If you google their name and then contact them, they make be able to help you with basic side and plan elevations.

I have seen photos of models of modern fishing boats of this type in Norwegian R/C boating clubs, though not sure if a GOT design was the basis. There are lots of photos on the web if you 'google' in the right places, which it seems like you have done already.

George

Edited By Colin Bishop on 09/05/2023 17:56:39

Avia Com
          Participant
            @aviacom93695
            Thanks for all your help.
            I've got all the side views that I need, but what I dont have, and more importantly, is the Hull Frame shapes/Lines/Drawings for one of these vessels and I cannot seem to find any?

Help?

Cheers
            Colin Bishop
              @colinbishop34627

Hi Avia,

It can be very difficult to get hull lines details of modern ships these days as the builders and owners often treat them as being commercially confidential. You are very unlikely to find anything in the public domain or within model boating circles.

Your best hope is to find a vessel that you like and contact the builders or owners emphasising that you are a serious modeller and asking if they can help you. You might just be lucky!

Colin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)