Anyone use Victoria Park boating lake, East London?

Advert

Anyone use Victoria Park boating lake, East London?

Home Forums All things floating Anyone use Victoria Park boating lake, East London?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Beall
    Participant
      @kevinbeall91525

Trying to find a local(ish) boating lake and saw there is one at Victoria Park E3. Just wondering if anyone on here uses it ?

Advert
      Kevin Beall
      Participant
        @kevinbeall91525
        Ray Wood 3
        Participant
          @raywood3

Hi Kevin,

If you google search Victoria Model Steamboat Club it will take you to the website, it must be one of the oldest clubs in London, I remember going there with my grandad to watch the straight running back in the early 1960's.

Looks like a good club to join

Regards Ray

ashley needham
          Participant
            @ashleyneedham69188

oooh…sounds like you will need a flat `at and a handkerchief around the neck for that venue….

Ashley (top hats at Bushy)

Kevin Beall
            Participant
              @kevinbeall91525

I did Google it and found the steam chaps, but the website looked a bit out of date. I just wanted to turn up, have a spin round with my new fangled electric boat, cup of coffee and a chat and home for lunch..Parking looks a bit of a pain so I might have a trip over Sunday and see what is what.

Probably end up joining the very select crowd at Bushy Park again, pity it is a bit of a drive for me.

Ray Wood 3
              Participant
                @raywood3

Hi Ashley,

The East End is becoming Well Posh and trendy these days, both Hackney & Shoreditch are very expensive

Kevin,

Many clubs are not bothering with updating websites these days, my own club Chantry does all communication via Facebook & we are all on the same Whatsapp chat group

Oh Blimey it's raining again !!

Regards Ray

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)