airfix cuttysark

Advert

airfix cuttysark

Home Forums Collectors’ corner airfix cuttysark

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    captainslog
    Participant
      @captainslog

smiley

Advert
      captainslog
      Participant
        @captainslog
        captainslog
        Participant
          @captainslog

purchased this airfix kit today but I am wondering iff anybody has any info on it? its old I know that much but how old? Theres no scale either on or in the box to start with. Its a complete kit of 220 parts,flags ratlines sails britfix glue as well.It had been started, the 2 hull halves have been glued but other than that everything else is untouched. hull length is 415mm beam 58mm. box art shows "model kit-modele reduit" made in england ref.no. 09253-9 series 9. thats what is confusing me, airfix have a cutty sark in 1:130 scale with a hull length of 520mm. Also it has the same ref no. but the box art is totally different. any help or info would be much appreciated. Hopefully i will be doing a diorama and starting a thread on the build.( am i allowed to do that ?) so for now i leave it up to you lot keith

Colin Bishop
            @colinbishop34627

Yes, by all means start a thread on the build.

This kit has been available for decades so it is difficult to say when your particular example dates to. The moulds are unlikely to have changed though.

Colin

Paul T
            Participant
              @pault84577

Its a series 9 first issued in 1967 however your example was produced between 1973 and 1982

ashley needham
              Participant
                @ashleyneedham69188

Paul, you are a mine of useful info.

Ashley

Colin Bishop
                  @colinbishop34627

Keith's latest postI had to reformat it)

thanks all, was just curious really because the box art is different. Not bad for a quid though,had to have it at that price. Now, does anyone know the scale please? series 9 now is modelled at 1:130 lookinhg on line for mine I find it too is 1:130 but hull lengths are different quite a bit. Also why is there no reference to the scale on mine at all? not on plan, box, parts or the loose leaflets. One other thing at least I dont have to tie the ratlines like you do with kit now,albeit they supply the special part in the kit to do this. thx all.

Edited By Colin Bishop, Website Editor on 26/04/2012 14:31:16

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)