Returning modeller

Advert

Returning modeller

Home Forums Beginners Returning modeller

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    James Hill 5
    Participant
      @jameshill5

I`ve done something wrong.

I`ve taken some pictures of my boat and created an album, ( at least I thought I had ) I put five pictures on and uploaded them as suggested.

On clicking on photos under my name alongside my blog, I get the album up but only the first picture. When clicking on that picture it says, album cant be found.

Could some one point out what I`ve done wrong please?

Many thanks ,

Jim.

Advert
      Ray Wood 3
      Participant
        @raywood3

Hi Jim,

Have another go ! Nothing in your album yet !!

Regards Ray

Colin Bishop
          @colinbishop34627

Jim,

Not sure what's happend there. When you created the album did you click on the save button at the foot of the page?

Also did you make sure the images were not too large.? The software on the forun is a bit old so files should not ideally be bigger than 1000kb. The images from cameras are usually much bigger than that these days and need to be reduced in size using a resizing program.

Colin

James Hill 5
          Participant
            @jameshill5

Thanks for the quick replies.

I filled all five boxes and they had their file number alongside. The pictures were sized 800x600pixels. I`m pretty sure I saved them. It`s probably finger trouble on my part and as Ray says , I think it`s worth another try.

Jim.

James Hill 5
            Participant
              @jameshill5

Is there a time delay before pictures appear? I`ve repeated what I did before and still no luck.

Jim.

Ray Wood 3
              Participant
                @raywood3

Hi Jim,

Try 1 photo at a time, my tablet & internet struggle with 2 or 3 together because of the file size, once you can see your photo in your album click the "Save Changes" option , good luck.

Regards Ray

James Hill 5
                Participant
                  @jameshill5

Morning Ray, thanks for that suggestion. That was actually going to be my next attempt. I did wonder last night whether it might be better to load one picture at a time so I`ll delete what`s there and have another go.

Jim.

Tim Cooper
                  Participant
                    @timcooper90034

Jim

I usually only add 2 or 3 pictures at a time, and press save on the album.

I find now that it works best from my smart phone.

Tim

James Hill 5
                    Participant
                      @jameshill5

I loaded the pictures one at a time and it basically created five albums, strangely, only one of them able to be viewed, the rest saying album not found.

The procedure I`ve followed is the one in the forum written a couple of years ago.

Jim.

Ray Wood 3
                      Participant
                        @raywood3

Hi Jim,

Your Surfury looks fast just on the stand

Regards Ray

James Hill 5
                        Participant
                          @jameshill5

Hi Tim,

I`m afraid I`m not the greatest at dealing with all this technology but I`ll always have a go

Ray, thank you for your patience. I shall keep going at it until something works.

Somewhere in the process I must be crossing wires. Onwards and upwards.

Regards,

Jim.

Chris Fellows
                          Participant
                            @chrisfellows72943
                            Posted by Colin Bishop on 26/08/2020 21:31:32:

Jim,

Not sure what's happend there. When you created the album did you click on the save button at the foot of the page?

Also did you make sure the images were not too large.? The software on the forun is a bit old so files should not ideally be bigger than 1000kb. The images from cameras are usually much bigger than that these days and need to be reduced in size using a resizing program.

Colin

I've had no trouble loading images much greater than that which is one of things I like about this site. On other sites I do have to reduce the file size.

I do have to limit the number of files to load to 3 though otherwise they won't load.

Chris

James Hill 5
                            Participant
                              @jameshill5

High Chris,

The pixel size is as suggested 800×600 and they have appeared alright. Trying again this morning ,but one at a time, I created five albums instead of one with five pictures.

I don`t think there`s anything wrong with the system, it`s me that`s at fault, i`ve just not found the problem yet.

Regards,

Jim.

James Hill 5
                              Participant
                                @jameshill5

This afternoon I`ve tried every which way to get photos posted. It tells me I have an album with five photos in it at present but they can`t be viewed so unfortunately I`m at a loss, but I`ll try again later.

Jim.

Chris Fellows
                                Participant
                                  @chrisfellows72943

Hi James

I've just loaded 4 photos in one of my albums, 3 first followed by the other one, and as usual they loaded sweet as a nut. Individual photos are 4320 x 3240 and over 3mb each so with your size there shouldn't be any problems.

Just to check the basics they are in JPEG file type aren't they?

When you have set up the album are you going to it each time and using the Add More Photos? If so the photos will keep on being added to the same album.

As you have formed 5 albums you must be somehow creating a new album each time rather than adding to your original one.

Chris

Chris Fellows
                                  Participant
                                    @chrisfellows72943

Just had another look. It's weird that your showing as having 5 photos but I can't find them anywhere.

Anyway, when you were adding additional photos did you go to Albums and then click on Add New Photos and then on Create a Photo Album? If so that will create a new album each time.

What you need to do (sorry if you are doing this) is once you have formed an album go to it and click on Edit Photos followed by Add New Photos and this will add more photos to that particular album. As has been said by others, the new photo(s) and existing ones will appear in a vertical line and then you go to the bottom and click save changes.

When adding photos to one of your existing albums you need to go via Albums in the grey bar at the top and not Albums in the blue bar as the former route will take you straight to your album(s) and shows the Edit Photos option etc. inside each album.

Chris

Edited By Chris Fellows on 27/08/2020 21:54:16

James Hill 5
                                    Participant
                                      @jameshill5

Hi Chris, thank you for having another look.

The only thing I can tell you is that I`ve followed the blog on uploading photos. I can create an album.I choose a file and five browse boxes appear.

I then go to my pictures and load the first one ( all of them are in jpg and the same size ). I first tried loading all five pictures, clicked on upload pictures and then on save changes ( at the bottom of the page ) .When I checked, it said , no album found.

I tried several more times, including loading and saving changes one browse box at a time, to no effect

At one point I can get all five pictures in a column but on clicking , save changes, nothing seems to happen.

What I will do in the morning is follow your second blog and see what happens. I`m sure my mistake is staring me in the face.

Many thanks once again,

Jim.

Colin Bishop
                                        @colinbishop34627

James,

It could be a software glitch especially if you have made sevearl attempts.

If you are still having problems I can send you my email address and you can email the photos to me. I should then be able to put them on for you.

Colin

James Hill 5
                                        Participant
                                          @jameshill5

Morning Colin,

I think the glitch is me! Your blog on how to upload pictures is easy enough to follow, I just think I`m being drawn into making the same mistake each time.

I`m going to try the suggestion made by Chris Fellows and see if that works.

Thank you for your message,

Jim.

James Hill 5
                                          Participant
                                            @jameshill5

Just had another go at uploading the pictures. I tried three this time.

I can get each to load in the browse box ok. I click upload pictures and the pictures are then in a vertical column with relative information to the right hand side. I then go to save changes and the album comes up showing as having three pictures. On clicking on the album picture it says , album can`t be found.

Could it be that I`m on windows 10 on my laptop? I`ve also checked to make sure there are no updates getting in the way.

Sorry this is becoming a bit of a saga.

Regards,

Jim.

Colin Bishop
                                              @colinbishop34627

Jim,

If you would logout I will have a look and see what I can find.

Colin

James Hill 5
                                              Participant
                                                @jameshill5

OK, this is Colin posting as Jim. It is possible that the problem is that Jim has not made his album public for general viewing.. I have corrected this

To make the album public you can either tick the box when creating it or do so later by accessing the album for editing and clicking on Edit Info. Hope all is OK now.

The three images in Jims album are as follows:

img_8115s.jpg

img_8137s.jpg

img_8155s.jpg

Colin Bishop
                                                  @colinbishop34627

Me again, the album is now publically viewable! You can log back in again now Jim.

Colin

Chris Fellows
                                                  Participant
                                                    @chrisfellows72943

Well done Colin. Usually something simple and staring you in the face in the end.

If I click on the 3 photos under Jim's avatar I go straight to his album and can view his photos.

Impressive looking boat Jim.

Chris

James Hill 5
                                                    Participant
                                                      @jameshill5

Thank you so much Colin for your time and patience and also Chris for your guidance.

I`m going to write those instructions down and keep them and then see what happens when I add the others.

I always thought it was me not getting it right,

Many thanks once again

Jim.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 367 total)