My Time Media. Model Boats Magazine.

Advert

My Time Media. Model Boats Magazine.

Home Forums Soapbox My Time Media. Model Boats Magazine.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Derek Bradley
    Participant
      @derekbradley32270

Thanks, Beth. Just emailed you.

Derek.

Advert
      Paul T
      Participant
        @pault84577

Poor Lindsey will get bombarded with valuation questions.

So I will get in first…..I have a mint, in its origonal box, Corgi 238 mid green MK X Jag (1965)

harry smith 1
        Participant
          @harrysmith1

Hi to Lindsey and Beth

All the best for the magazine from Tasmania, Australia.

Harry Smith

Charles Oates
          Participant
            @charlesoates31738

Thank goodness for this excellent news, it's what we've all been waiting for. I also want to wish Lindsey all the best as the new editor. Old modelers like me that have been reading the magazine since it was Model Maker will remember that some of the editors and assistant editors came from a variety of backgrounds, and that never affected the quality or variety of the magazine.

The content is partially up to anyone who wants to make a contribution, so in some ways it's up to us to seek a little advice then tap a few keys.

Chas

Paul T
            Participant
              @pault84577

Hello Charles

Yes it is very good news and all joking apart it will be comforting to have the magazine back.

But with the new editor being a lady do we have to be smart and shave before we read the magazine

Paul

Empire Parkstone
              Participant
                @empireparkstone

How do you know she's a Lady might be be an ex Wrensmiley

ashley needham
                Participant
                  @ashleyneedham69188

Lindsey has been advised in all matters boating by a very well connected person and there is no doubt in my mind that the magazine will go from strength to strength despite the unseemly critique that has been poured on the owners at times.

Ashley

Paul T
                  Participant
                    @pault84577

And the winner of the life time subscription is…

Ray Wood 3
                    Participant
                      @raywood3

Ashley,

Very good, I'm fascinated to hear who this well connected person might be

I know we all think we know it all, but to actually find that person is truly amazing, I just hope it's nobody on this forum

Regards Ray

Colin Bishop
                        @colinbishop34627

So do I.

Colin

Bob Abell 2
                        Participant
                          @bobabell2

I think the the the mysterious Lady Ashby, could be related to a previous Editor?

None other than……Wait for it……….The famous …..Graham Ashby?

Hi Graham, I`m the chap who invented the RC RTP with a vintage Thunderbolt Stunter

Remember?……It was bl???dy rubbish!

Regards……Bob Abell

Carsten Paulsen
                          Participant
                            @carstenpaulsen54581

Quote " Thankfully, we are also able to resume the mailing out of copies to overseas subscribers, so, wherever you are in the world, you can now look forward to receiving your August 2020 issue of Model Boats. "

So what about the missing May edition! a lot of people has not recieved that either ?????

ashley needham
                            Participant
                              @ashleyneedham69188

Saying nowt…

Ashley

Empire Parkstone
                              Participant
                                @empireparkstone

I heard He used to be Midshipman in the Navy

Paul T
                                Participant
                                  @pault84577

Does a Midshipman have to stay in the middle of the ship is it something to do with moveable ballast?

harry smith 1
                                  Participant
                                    @harrysmith1

Hi Paul

What's the name of the ones in the bow and stern ???

Harry Smith

Colin Bishop
                                      @colinbishop34627

Foretopman and Helmsman I think. The Landlubbers live in the hold.

Colin

Beth Ashby MyTimeMedia
                                      Participant
                                        @bethashbymytimemedia
                                        Posted by Carsten Paulsen on 02/07/2020 20:23:49:

Quote " Thankfully, we are also able to resume the mailing out of copies to overseas subscribers, so, wherever you are in the world, you can now look forward to receiving your August 2020 issue of Model Boats. "

So what about the missing May edition! a lot of people has not recieved that either ?????

The issues that haven't been received will be added onto the end of your current subscription term so that you are sent everything that you've paid for. If you subscribe by direct debit, this will mean your payment date changes and you will be contacted separately by letter about this.

Thanks

Tony OLIVER
                                        Participant
                                          @tonyoliver44792

I did get the May issue but some friends nearby didn't.

None of them were too inconvenienced by this and my copy has been passed around.

Most phone calls appeared to have been picked up by a call centre.

My own most recent call gave me the information I expected and am quite happy about. These really are difficult times and it's naive in the extreme to expect instant solutions. Older people will understand. This is not going to be instant gratification. Even then, some positive outcome still seems likely. I was told that it was hoped to resume issues in August and the number of issues paid for will be extended if issues are eventually missed. or are late.

I am quite happy with that. I can't see much advantage to anyone for the magazine to disappear. Better late than never.

It is a strange situation to be in as a supplier or recipient/subscriber. These things happen. So long as there's a willingness to reach a working resolution, I, and I suspect the silent majority, will wait for the staff to get things going again.

The last time I recall a magazine not being issued was when Aeromodeller in the 1950s missed an issue.or two due to printing disputes. It was resolved and issues settled down with some strange feeling that not everything was right but it was sorted out eventually.

After re-reading the above, I know it sounds a bit 'cosy' and trusting, but we ain't got a choice.

I like my Model Boats shots each month and look forward to it and everything else getting back to near normal.

Colin Bishop
                                            @colinbishop34627

You can now view a selection of contents from the forthcoming August issue on the website front page.

Colin

Empire Parkstone
                                            Participant
                                              @empireparkstone

My one came Today

Derek Bradley
                                              Participant
                                                @derekbradley32270

Pleased to say that mine arrived this morning and things look promising.

D.

Paul T
                                                Participant
                                                  @pault84577

And a nice competition to win some Humbrol products

Chris E
                                                  Participant
                                                    @chrise

Haven't got mine yet but the cover is interesting – who are Mountford Models? wink 2 thinking wink 2

Boiler Bri
                                                    Participant
                                                      @boilerbri

Got mine last one on the shelf in Porthmadog. I will have a nice time on the beach this afternoon reading it. smile d

Bri

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 172 total)