Veron Veronica

Advert

Veron Veronica

Home Forums Sailing Models Veron Veronica

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tony Couch
    Participant
      @tonycouch45334

Hello All

In the 1960s I built a Veron Veronica yacht. I modified the steering to use single channel radio control on the rudder. This was OK for turning the boat around at the other side of the lake but that was all so I removed it.

The model got put away in the 1970s and I have just taken it out again. It is rather grubby but it should clean up OK. The problem I have is that much of the rigging is gone and needs to be replaced. I also want to return to the original self steering system.

Can anyone help me with a copy (or even a picture) of the plan? All I need is the rigging arrangement so if that is separate, that is what I need.

Thanks

Tony

Christchurch

New Zealand

Advert
      Tony Couch
      Participant
        @tonycouch45334
        John Dickins
        Participant
          @johndickins22212

Hello Tony, some years ago I bought, probably eBay, a "Veronica" somewhere I have the plans. I will look,but don't hold your breath! I installed a servo for the steering and a "long arm" servo for the main sheet. I have not sailed her for many years and I think I removed the servos. Cheers John.

Tony Couch
          Participant
            @tonycouch45334

Hi John

Thanks for your reply. I will be most grateful if you can find the plans.

Regards

Tony

John Dickins
            Participant
              @johndickins22212

Hi Tony, success! I've found the plans. Now the next problem is getting them to you. I've also found an advert for "Veronica" and the build instructions. The advert is in the December 1968 "Model Boats" priced 3 shillings.The kit was 95 shillings (including Purchase Tax) Can you PM me with your address and I will post them all to you when I can get to the post. Both my wife and I are in the "High Risk" class and forbidden to go out at the moment.

Cheers John

Tony Couch
              Participant
                @tonycouch45334

Hi John.

Well done. I appreciate your making the effort to help me. As it happens, I have now found a source of the plan. I found an email address for Colin Smith, the son of the man who designed the Veronica. He not only has the plans but also has the original model his father built. He kindly sent me a .pdf copy of the plan. He also sent me photos of 3 boats he has recently built. It is clear he is a very active modeller.
                As you will know, the plan has a rigging diagram. This has all the parts referred to by arrows and numbers. Although I can probably work things from the plan alone, it would be helpful to have the list of what the numbers relate to. So, if you could send me a copy of the build instructions, I would be grateful. I understand that you are currently in lockdown (so am I!) but I wondered if you could either scan or take a photo of the instructions to send to me,

Regards

Tony

Chris Elliott 2
                Participant
                  @chriselliott2

I saw an unidentified pond yacht for sale last weekend and took the plunge despite rigging being missing

after a few days research I find I have an early version of the Veronica and indeed a simple rigging is all that’s needed

now to buy the twine, bowsies and hooks !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)