Puffer advice

Advert

Puffer advice

Home Forums All things floating Puffer advice

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Colin Bishop
      @colinbishop34627

Agreed, Len, that last little bit of fine tuning makes a big difference to efficiency. If using a wooden mount then tightening down or easing off while the motor is running can hit the sweet spot.

On the other hand, my favourite solution of round belt drive is also very easy to adjust by moving the motor slightly sideways in a slotted mount to achieve the same effect with the benefit that you can effectively make the motor even more efficient by gearing it down at the same time.

Colin(DTR)IMG_5288

Advert
      Alasdair Allan
      Participant
        @alasdairallan37423

thanks for the advice everyone – yes I saw the article in this month’s magazine and will study carefully !

Alasdair Allan
        Participant
          @alasdairallan37423

So, I am thinking along the following lines: A 400 12 v motor ; a universal coupling (poss  with inserts, as prop shaft bigger diameter than shaft on motor); a Raboesch watertight propshaft with ball bearing mounts, lock nuts and a brass propelllor to replace the white metal one in the kit.

Let me know if that sounds wrong – I am more used to paddles than propellors. not sure if motor should be geared or not, and have yet to work out bores and diameters.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)