I have always scratch built my models

Advert

I have always scratch built my models

Home Forums Scratch build I have always scratch built my models

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike shive
    Participant
      @mikeshive99290

can any one give me some advice on this type of building

Advert
      Paul T
      Participant
        @pault84577

Hi Mike
        There is lots of advice to be had on scratch building but a lot of it depends upon what type of boat you wish to build and how complicated (or not) you want the build to be.
        So the first thing to do is decide what type of boat you want to build then decide what scale to wish to work in (or have a rough idea of how big you want the model to be)and finally decide on which material you would prefer to work with i.e. timber, card, plastic.
        These are the first steps in my scratch build process.

Mike shive
        Participant
          @mikeshive99290

Thanks for your input. If you have any more information or ideas on scratch built models would love to hear them. Thanks alot Fat Controller-appreciate your time.

Paul T
          Participant
            @pault84577

Hi Mike
            No problem with helping I just don’t want to “overkill” with to much information as I do enjoy writing about model boating.

My wife and I are currently building two tugs, both are scratch built, one from plans and one straight out of my head.
            As this is Janes first build she chose a TID tug (tiddler) for which we had a Vic Smeed plan on CD but when we looked on the internet we found lots of information including full plans.
            Jane decided that the model should be 3ft long and so with a little messing about on the computer we produced a 1:1 plan (36 sheets of A4 that had to be glued together) which gave all the templates required to start building.
            As I said this is Janes first build and neither of us are computer experts but so far she has managed to produce a very decent set of plans and building has begun and apart from a little guidance she has done it all on her own.

As Jane said if she can do it then anybody could.

Sorry I seem to have banged on a little and I hope I’ve not put you off, If I can help any further please let me know.

All the best

The Fat Controller

Gordon Blanks
            Participant
              @gordonblanks18647

i only  scratch build hulls no plans at all cargo  destroyer any thing people want  built a shallow draft gun boat 1914 1918  that went up some river in china best one 6 foot container have no trouble selling them no plastic kits for me plastic kits and a bit of glue and you have a boat all the best gordon

Gordon Blanks
              Participant
                @gordonblanks18647

have today just  compleated 6 ft battleship based on uss missipie ?? no plans only a phto  buyer very pleased with it  putting 4 motors in it  what a project

Nicholas Aquilina
                Participant
                  @nicholasaquilina88791

Hi,

First of all hope that every one had a nice christmas.

Please can any one could help me. I am looking to buy detailed drawing to try and build myself a wooden Tug boat or Lifeboat, I will be very glad if one could help me from where I can buy the drawings and may be with some information too.

Thanks.

Steve Nolan_Hilton
                  Participant
                    @stevenolan_hilton28491

Hey Guys,

Can anybody help me, am looking to build an 8 foot rmote model of either Lusitania or Aquitania, where can I get my hands on a plan on that scale

Steve 

Mike shive
                    Participant
                      @mikeshive99290
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)