Hello from Jersey

Advert

Hello from Jersey

Home Forums Club News Hello from Jersey

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jerseydaz
    Participant
      @jerseydaz

Hello all from Jersey CI and the Lion Park Model Boat Club, the only rc boat club in Jersey. For more info please visit our site ( http://www.lionparkmodelboatclub.co.uk ) and log into the forum. We have loads going on including the expansion of our harbour to 157' long and also the refit of our 14' steel self propelled tanker the "Lion King". Feel free to drop us a line at [email protected] or just pop in if your down our way.

Advert
      jerseydaz
      Participant
        @jerseydaz

News from the Lion Park Model Boat Club

Colin Bishop
          @colinbishop34627

Hi Daz,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sure anyone visiting Jersey will be pleased to make contact.

I gather that Condor are currently having a bit of a rethink about their ferry links to the Channel Islands.

Colin

The Long Build
          Participant
            @thelongbuild
            Posted by Colin Bishop, Website Editor on 03/02/2013 23:10:23:

I gather that Condor are currently having a bit of a rethink about their ferry links to the Channel Islands.

Colin

In what way ?.

Colin Bishop
              @colinbishop34627

I understand that Condor have secured an extension to their contract to serve the Channel Islands for another five years.

The new Condor managing director, James Fulford,(previously CEO of Red Funnel Isle of Wight Ferries) is currently reviewing the ferry arrangements to see if they are best meeting customer demand. This poses the question of whether the Condor fast craft should move back to Weymouth (following repairs to the berth), remain in Poole or do some sort of combination. I believe Poole are keen to keep them if possible following the improvement to the road access to the Poole commercial port with the new Twin Sails bridge.

I think that the Condor logistics operation in Portsmouth has closed down or been much reduced which begs the question of whether the conventional ferries could transfer to Poole. Personally I would have though that unlikely as Portsmouth has much better road links than Poole.

The other factor is the cancellation of the joint fastcraft operation from Poole to Cherbourg with Brittany Ferries who are bringing back their ROPAX ferry Barfleur to the Poole Cherbourg route this year to cater for both passengers and freight and also to provide day trip options.

Colin

The Long Build
              Participant
                @thelongbuild

Thanks, Colin

Hope they don't loose the fast craft, don't fancy an 8 hour trip ..

Colin Bishop
                  @colinbishop34627

There is a long discussion thread here: **LINK** The more recent pages will be of most interest to you.

Colin

Len Ochiltree
                  Participant
                    @lenochiltree67043
                    Dave Milbourn
                    Participant
                      @davemilbourn48782

Do I detect two factions in Jersey i.e. Lion Park and La Hague? We've been to Lion Park and it's a fine sailing pond for scale boats. Maybe a bit sheltered for yachts?
                      I do hope there's no ill-feeling in such a lovely place. The 'Jersey Boys' were always welcome visitors to our stand at the shows and I may feel like returning there one day. I just hope it's not raining and that there's someone there when I do!!
                      Dave M

The Long Build
                      Participant
                        @thelongbuild

More boating ponds the better

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)