North West Club Receives Bad Press.

Advert

North West Club Receives Bad Press.

Home Forums Soapbox North West Club Receives Bad Press.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tony Hadley
    Participant
      @tonyhadley
      I was handed a copy of the ‘Bury Times’ which has an item about model boats which none of us wish to hear.
      A member of the public has wrote the following complaint to this newspaper about the Bury Club. Note: this club caters for scale, yachts and a fast electric section.
      Disgusted by Model Boaters.
      I am writing to express my family’s disgust at the yobbish behavior of the model boat racers at Clarence Park on Sunday, January 25th.
       While strolling round the Lido with our grandson, we witnessed yet again the boats being used to chase the ducks and swans around the water.
       The poor birds were clearly in distress, as these idiots charged their boats at them trying to deliberately hit the poor creatures. 
       Last July we saw exactly the same behavior and reported our concerns to the Council’s Park Manager who appears to have done nothing to stop this cruelty.
       These wicked boaters should not be allowed to distress and torture these poor birds, and I hope the Council act decisively to stop this cruelty as soon as possible.

Advert
      Tony Hadley
      Participant
        @tonyhadley
        Bob Abell 2
        Participant
          @bobabell2
          Hello Tony

This sort of behaviour is usually caused by newcomers to the model boat clubs and is soon discouraged!

Bob
          ashley needham
          Participant
            @ashleyneedham69188

I am not sure how much you can take these sorts of rants at face value. Where the offenders torturing birds while on “official” club time? were club members present? were the torturers actually club members? all these questions…..  My Titanic has a liking to swans though, as they are large and white .  Ashley

Dr John Booth
            Participant
              @drjohnbooth43899

It has to be said that along with most other things in so called modern life there is a growing lack of respect for people, property and the environment.

Without getting drawn into a debate regarding the socio-political ramifications of my statement I have, in my lifetime, witnessed the slow but inexorable erosion of general standards in behaviour to the point now where some members of society have de-evolved to an almost feral state.

The actions of the irresponsible few, such as described in the Bury newspaper, have been increasing over the past twenty years to the point now where we as a society have become desensitised to the often barbaric and senseless actions of our fellows. 

I do recall the boredom and frustrations of being a teenager and being caught between childhood and true adulthood but I, and other members of my generation, would not have dreamed of entertaining myself in the now common fashion of destruction. 

Where will it all end and what, if anything, can we do about it? 

John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)