1:15 scale waveney class lifeboat

Advert

1:15 scale waveney class lifeboat

Home Forums Scratch build 1:15 scale waveney class lifeboat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paul Birkett
    Participant
      @paulbirkett89371

I'm building a 1:15 scale waveney class lifeboat, however I need fittings etc especially cockpit panels

Advert
      Paul Birkett
      Participant
        @paulbirkett89371
        neil hp
        Participant
          @neilhp

that kit comes with all the fittings! did you not ask for them with the kit, and if you did and the seller didn't have them, may i ask what you paid for the "kit" with most of the stuff missing.

The reason i am asking is why did you not ask on all the forums about it first, as there is a wealth of knowledge on these forums that would probably told you to steer totally clear from it, as you are asking for parts for it that no one will have, because they will have been used on other builders kits to complete their own models…………..and at 1;15 scale they are just not available because it is an uncommon lifeboat to build to be honest especially at that scale.

……………and finding them will be nearly impossible which will meen that you will virtually have to build from scratch from photos.

If anyone tells you to buy the Nicholal Leach book on the Waveney class lifeboat, dont waste your money, as it shows very little detailing of deck fittings on the boats…………..i have a copy and it contains just general photos of them.

Where in the country do youi live, as i might be able to direct you to the nearest station that had a Waveney that you might contact the LOM and ask if any of the ex crew took photos of the boats that they might email you a copy for a small donation to that station.

Best advice i can give. .

Edited By neil howard-pritchard on 19/06/2023 01:53:52

Paul Birkett
          Participant
            @paulbirkett89371

Well that's put me in my place and reassured me I've chosen the right hobby, so much for friendly and helpful hobby, guess I'll just chalk it up to stupidity and move onto something else. As for asking about it I tried asking on groups I could find, but being a complete noob to RC boats wasn't aware of all these helpful forums you more experienced guy know. Thanks for rubbing my mistake in my face though, guess I'll just chuck the hull in the bin.

neil hp
            Participant
              @neilhp

io be honest i was trying to herlp, but with the attitude you have just shown to my informative answer and the problems you have made for yourself……….perhaps you'd be better either selling that and buying a full 1;12 scale metcalf/tony green steam FULL Waveney kit, incl;uding everything to build, like the one i have for sale that you looked at before you bought yours, or take up platting fog into baskets.

if you don't like the advice as objective as it is that experienced modellers of lifeboats give to you, perhaps as you suggest, you are in the wrong hobby.

Edited By neil howard-pritchard on 19/06/2023 02:03:24

Paul Birkett
              Participant
                @paulbirkett89371

Apart from informing me I had screwed up where was the informative answer. Basically you've told me I shouldn't have bought it, I tried contacting mountfleet to see if I could buy plans and other parts but had no response, the website lists it as hull only so how is a newbie supposed to know what should or shouldn't come in the kit.

I'll tank you for at least taking time to reply, which is more than any other groups

gecon
                Participant
                  @gecon

Hello Paul, I assume the hull is originally from Mountfleet? Surprised that you could not get a response from them. I assume that you have tried the good, old-fashioned telephone system too? They may be at some show -or on "hols" somewhere. I agree that Neil's replies to you appeared to be rather harsh/unsympathetic but I doubt if he actually meant them to be.

If you persevere with suppliers, I'm sure you will get the 'life-boat-saving' (sorry) info you require.

George

Edited By gecon on 21/06/2023 08:28:14

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)