A look at the Cover and Contents of the October 2021 issue of Model Boats on sale September 24th.
In the October 2021 issue of Model Boats magazine, don’t miss:
* Your chance to WIN an Airfix 1:72 scale Severn Class Lifeboat kit plus all the Humbrol paints required for the finish
* A fully detailed account of how the above mentioned Airfix Severn Class Lifeboat can be adapted for R/C operation
* MB Q&A – Join the Club: a candid interview about both the benefits of joining a model boat club and the challenges involved in keeping a club afloat
* Cereal thriller: a brilliant ‘Breakfast Club’ build that took the tedium out of lockdown
* JSC’s RMS Carpathia: a step by step guide to the construction of this 1:400 scale historic transatlantic liner kit put into print
* Keeping water out: some useful, practical advice for the novice model boat builder
* 3D CAD: prepare to enter the third dimension of Computed Aided Design
* 3D Printed Flower Class Corvette: how one modeller’s new-found skills blossomed in a field of modelling previous unfamiliar to him
* Wicksteed at 100: highlights from the stylish 2021 Wicksteed Park centenary celebrations
* Models & Miniatures Weekend: a Model Boat Association Dover member reports back on this year’s event held at the Dover Transport Museum
* Boiler Room: the different ways in which water and smoke tube boilers work explained
* The ‘Euro Style’: a retrospective look at the post-war Anglo-American vs Teutonic R/C technology
Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!
Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed
We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.
In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.
The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!
I look forward to receiving your suggestions.
Colin Bishop - Website Editor