By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Del Prado Build the Victory 1:100 missing embrasure covers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Richards 430/08/2014 10:15:44
3 forum posts

My family presented me the Del Prado kit of the HMS Victory (scale 1:100) which sold through newsagencies here in Australia commencing in 2004.

They held it in storage and gave it to me when I retired several years ago.

I have been progressing through the issues until today when I started to prepare to attach the embrasure covers and discovered that I only have 10 sets instead of the 78 sets I need to complete the ship.

I know it is a long shot and it seems odd that I am missing so many but are these parts still available, I have several photos of the parts if required.

Kind Regards

David Richards

Perth, Western Australia

Kimosubby Shipyards10/09/2014 08:49:45
563 forum posts
272 photos

Greetings David,

no, I haven't a clue where you can get the missing items, I assume to me they are gun port lids?

I'm really only replying so that your thread connects with Gordon Rhodes' who is also building the Victory (by Del Prado) and he has some missing documents wanted.

Match maker that I am, hope you two can assist each other, Kimmo.

Edited By Kimosubby Shipyards on 10/09/2014 08:50:20

Gordon Rhodes13/09/2014 02:22:45
3 forum posts

Hi David,

I'm part way through (to 40 of 100) through the same kit that has also been in storage but I don't have any ideas (save the likes of ebay and gumtree) as to where you'd get the covers - I do however have a problem you may be able to assist with. We recently moved house and instruction sheets 41,42 & 43 disapeared in the process. I'm hoping you might still have yours and if so be kind enough to scan both sides of each and e-mail to me at gordonrhodes@bigpond.com

Regards,

Gordon

Frank S14/12/2019 02:20:33
2 forum posts

Hi David,

I just joint the forum today, I also bought the 100 issues of building the Victory back in 2004, now that I'm retired , I've started to build the model (14 years later), unfortunately, I have exactly the same problem, missing approx. 78 sets of embrasure, how did you go in getting some, I live in Melbourne Australia, if you have a contact or place where they sell any, would be much appreciated.

Frank

David Richards 414/12/2019 05:35:59
3 forum posts

Hi Frank,
This issue is really annoying and I know how you feel.

I was able to purchase mine from a bloke in the UK called Ian Ratcliff

I don’t know if he has any more and I only purchase a couple of spares.

I also bought some gun ports from Modellers Shipyard www.modelshipyard.com.au which finishes off the gun ports with a nice border, I did modify them slightly by snipping out the top part of the frame so it fitted nicely beneath the top embrasure covers, If you send your email address to me at montydog@iinet.net.au I will send a photo of the gun ports in place.

Product Name: Gunports | Gunport Frame - Metal - Brown - With Lid - 8x8mm Product Code: SFMA42730
Quantity: 85
Price each: $0.95
Price subtotal: $80.75

I hope this helps.
Kind regards & Seasons Greetings,
David

Edited By Martyn Chorlton 3 on 15/12/2019 08:26:35

Ray Wood 214/12/2019 07:03:11
1992 forum posts
709 photos

Hi guys,

Welcome back, best not to put email Address's in the public domain, you could be spammed by the world, PM each other it's safer 😀

Regards Ray

David Richards 414/12/2019 07:06:38
3 forum posts

Forgive my ignorance but what is PM

Ray Wood 214/12/2019 07:35:36
1992 forum posts
709 photos

Hi David,

Personnel message, look at the inbox at the top of the page to contact forum members,

I will send you one 😀

Regards Ray

Frank S14/12/2019 22:39:46
2 forum posts

Thanks David, I have emailed Ian, hope he can help.

Bother way, for any others that are currently building the Del Prado Victory, I do have some spare or duplicate items that have been delivered to me back in 2004:

2 Each of Porthole A

4 Each of Porthole B

1 Each of Issue 1

Free of charge + mailing cost

David Selmes 112/05/2020 09:52:58
1 forum posts

I dont know if last post went , I made my missing Embrasures out of fibreglass

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Shrek
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor