Forum sponsored by Dremel

Bob and Pauls BIG Haydock event

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul T28/07/2014 18:49:08
7146 forum posts
1208 photos
2 articles

I am very pleased to confirm that Bob and I will be displaying our various designs and creations at The Model Boat Convention, Haydock. and promoting our charity fundraising designs.

We will be taking the Ellie Range of Ellie, Sea Spray, Red Leader & SloMo2

The Mighty Thor.

The futuristic Brutus.

The frame prototype of The Vintage Gentleman's Cruiser.

The Barrel Back vintage speedboat.

Arthur has very kindly arranged a table next to one of the ground floor entrance doors so we will be easy to find (and able pounce on people as they arrive)

We are both looking forward to the weekend and chatting to anybody who is daft enough to listen, Jane is making a picnic including her superior fruit cake and homemade lemonade.

It will be fun

Paul

IAN_I28/07/2014 19:27:01
391 forum posts
180 photos

Hi Paul..

Hope you have a good time at Haydock and lots of interest in your great projects.

For us that will not be able to get to Haydock, hope you will be able to find time to take a few pictures.

I would look forward to seeing them.

Best regards,

Ian

Paul T28/07/2014 19:40:32
7146 forum posts
1208 photos
2 articles

Hi Ian

Hopefully we will be keeping a running report from the event on this thread including photos (if Bobs Ipad can stand the strain) But we will certainly be producing an after the show article detailing everything.

Paul

Bob Abell28/07/2014 19:57:41
8904 forum posts
2783 photos

Hello Paul

I was wondering about creating a Haydock Model Boat Convention thread, but you`ve just beaten me to it, Batman!

Post you pix and chat here please

Robin

David Wooley28/07/2014 20:02:14
599 forum posts
702 photos
8 articles

hello Bob and Paul I look forward to seeing you both at the Convention I am sure you will be kept very busy over the weekend of the event.

Dave Wooley

Bob Abell28/07/2014 21:05:44
8904 forum posts
2783 photos

We look forward to meeting up with you again, Mr Wooley

Bob and Paul

The Long Build28/07/2014 21:18:42
686 forum posts
270 photos
Posted by Bob Abell on 28/07/2014 19:57:41:

Hello Paul

I was wondering about creating a Haydock Model Boat Convention thread, but you`ve just beaten me to it, Batman!

Post you pix and chat here please

Robin

You mean like this one !!

**LINK**

Bob Abell28/07/2014 21:39:25
8904 forum posts
2783 photos

Thank you, Robin

That tidies things up nicely

Bob

PS......Don't understand the reason for a theme?

mike farrell28/07/2014 22:28:17
378 forum posts
6 photos
Hi Bob and Paul. I will be making a flying visit on Sat. as Elaine is not keen on travelling just now so will have to do the return after the show. .looking forwards to see projects I.ve read about over the last 2 years .😊Michael
The Long Build29/07/2014 00:36:37
686 forum posts
270 photos
Posted by Bob Abell on 28/07/2014 21:39:25:

Thank you, Robin

That tidies things up nicely

Bob

PS......Don't understand the reason for a theme?

Hi Bob

There has been a theme for some years now at the Convention, it is not a compulsory thing but something which it is hoped clubs would try to base their stand around. As a member of the Runcorn group I know that the late Arthur Taylor was a champion for this and loved designing and then creating the clubs display, based around the theme, such that Runcorn have won this for the last 2 years, this year is no different with quite a few members contributing to building the display, our display is such that 50% is the theme with the other half being a normal display of models.. It is just a bit of fun.

www.modelboatconvention.co.uk

Edited By The Long Build on 29/07/2014 01:01:35

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Premier March
Nylet
Shrek
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor