Forum sponsored by Dremel

subscription coupled to MyHobbyStore not working :-(

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Diede van Abs06/07/2014 15:05:09
191 forum posts
20 photos

Dear all,

This is a grief I have had for over a year and a half now and despite numerous phone calls to both Model Boats Magazine and MyHobbyStore has not been solved yet...

When I try to add my subscribtion number to my MyHobbyStore account, and save, it reverts back to "Not a Subscriber" crying As I said: I have called numerous times and I know for sure that my subs number is correct (copied it from my account on this website and verified it with my sleeve), I have used the same email address on both accounts, all other information is identical - and this has been verified by a MyHobbyStore worker, who also told me he would fix it for me - to no avail.

The only thing I can think of now, is that the subscribtion numbers used to be 9 digits long (I think I saw that somewhere) and mine is 10 digits, but it seems a bit lame... Either that, or is this discount stuff again only for UK residents and not for us living on the other side of the North Sea?

Can anybody please tell me how I get this subscription information right on the MyHobbyStore website? I would really like to finally be able to get that 5% discount I am entitled to, and all the other advantages...

Colin Bishop06/07/2014 18:58:23
4155 forum posts
5989 photos
399 articles

Dear Diede,

I am afraid that the Forum is separate from the commercial part of MyTimeMedia and I cannot assist you directly. However, I had believed that your problem had been resolved and I have therefore referred the matter to the person who deals with subscription queries. They will see it tomorrow morning after the weekend.

I hope that it will be possible to sort the problem out as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Colin Bishop

Diede van Abs06/07/2014 22:22:37
191 forum posts
20 photos

Hello Colin,

I am aware the forum and the mag are separate parts, but I figured SOME sort of connection would exist. Therefore, I am very grateful that you passed it on to someone that might be able to sort it out. I hope it will solve matters this time.

Thank you!

Paul Freshney06/07/2014 22:53:00
289 forum posts
12 photos

Dear Diede

Sorry to hear of your problem.

Sarah Pradhan <Sarah.Pradhan@mytimemedia.com> and/or Katherine Scott <Kate.Scott@mytimemedia.com>are the ladies who look after all the subscriptions for the MyTimeMedia group.

They have access to the personal data, which we (Colin and I) do not, so one is in their hands for subscription queries such as this, but they have always in the past resolved issues pretty much on the same day during normal Monday to Friday working hours.

I know Colin has contacted Sarah today, Sunday 6th July. Please contact me direct on the Editor address (on Page 6 of any copy of MB) if nothing has happened, by say Tuesday 8th pm.

Paul Freshney

Editor.

Diede van Abs06/07/2014 23:14:07
191 forum posts
20 photos

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate your efforts a lot!

I will let you know if and when matters are resolved yes

Diede van Abs03/09/2014 10:19:18
191 forum posts
20 photos

Hurrah!

Just to let you know: Today I received an email from Tracey of MyTimeMedia telling me to put my surname in in CAPITALS and writtentogether. And heeey... presto! I now have my subs entered and saved on the MyHobbyStore website!

Thanks all involved for all the help!

Colin Bishop03/09/2014 17:41:43
4155 forum posts
5989 photos
399 articles

Glad it is fixed at last!

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier Thursday
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Premier March
PremierJuly 2019
JSB MODELS
Sarik
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor