Forum sponsored by Dremel

Introducing Robin Buckland

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul Freshney30/03/2014 17:42:24
289 forum posts
12 photos

Change in Website Management

As regular forum users will know, Colin Bishop has looked after this website and forum on my behalf for more than five years now, and for that I am very grateful.

However, from 1st April 2014, Robin will be managing (and editing) this Model Boats website, but Colin Bishop is continuing as the Website Forum Moderator and supporting him as needs be.

This change has come about principally because Colin after these five years or so of looking after the website (putting-up articles, managing it etc. which is all time consuming stuff) plus keeping a 24/7 eye on the forum would like a little more personal time, to make model boats amongst other things!

Robin has looked after the Military Modelling Website for some years now and is very familiar with the vagaries of how the MyTimeMedia website platforms work. He is of course an expert and highly regarded military modeller and will also be contributing one our two articles to Model Boats in the near future.

So, I welcome Robin to the team and Colin is also happy to have a little less work to do, but still remain active on this forum.

Paul Freshney - Editor

Bob Abell30/03/2014 20:16:46
8270 forum posts
2530 photos

On behalf of the forum members, I offer a very warm welcome to Robin Buckland to the ModelBoats website

And a big thank you to Colin Bishop for his excellent postings and help over the past five years

Many thanks to Paul for the introduction of Robin to the members

All the best to the new editorial structure

Regards.....Bob Abell

Robin Buckland 231/03/2014 09:38:44
30 forum posts
95 photos
5 articles

Hello Bob,

Thank you for your welcome and I'm looking forward to getting involved in model boating, with the continued assistance of Colin here on the forum.

Robin teeth 2

Dave Milbourn31/03/2014 09:42:21
3630 forum posts
228 photos

Robin

You look far too young and unstressed to belong here..............but welcome anyway!

Dave M

David Wooley31/03/2014 11:16:55
599 forum posts
702 photos
8 articles

hello Robin good to see you as part of the team , our paths may well have crossed at some of the IPMS events.

Dave Wooley .

ashley needham31/03/2014 11:25:39
5608 forum posts
177 photos

DM. Check out your avatar...young ???

Robin, Welcome indeed and a military modelling man, just the person to advise on everyones D_DAY EVENT PLANS..

Ashley any plug useful

Dave Milbourn31/03/2014 12:20:46
3630 forum posts
228 photos

Ashley
At the time when that photograph was taken Sir Anthony Eden was Prime Minister. It is simply the most flattering picture I have of me. Remember that age isn't just in the mind; it's frequently all around the waist. too.

Dave M

ashley needham31/03/2014 13:32:17
5608 forum posts
177 photos

Dave.You look very sweet! Combed hair, tie..

AShley

Robin Buckland 231/03/2014 16:17:44
30 forum posts
95 photos
5 articles

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your note. thumbs up

Robin smile

Colin Bishop31/03/2014 20:43:31
4156 forum posts
5989 photos
399 articles

Yes, welcome Robin. I am currently recharging my batteries in the Lake District but not neglecting my revised duties as you can see!

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Shrek
Premier Thursday
PremierJuly 2019
Pendle Boilers
Sarik
JSB MODELS
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor