Forum sponsored by Dremel

Tupolev G5

Russian MTB 1940/43

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Stuart Brown22/12/2007 12:10:00
16 forum posts

Help!!!!

I would like to attempt to build a Tupolev G5 MTB but my searches on the internet have provided meagre results. Does anyone have any plans for this boat ( I would like to build in 1/24 scale if possible) or could point me in the right direction? Equally, any good websites you may know of?

Could swap for plans of Schnellboot  (1/24) or Fairmile D?

Thanks

Kevin Bellman26/12/2007 21:07:00
68 forum posts
2 photos

Hi Stuart,

Couple of long shoots for you.

Latest Model boats mag has a pic of G5 Russian Torpedo boat at Mannanan model boat festival, Isle of Man. Built by visiting modeller George Barnes. It looks to be built to a high standard. It may be possible to make contact with through this forum or dare I mention it http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/

I'm sure I've seen this boat before (got some pics somewhere - pre digital days  ) If I remember correctly I think it was on the stand of Scale Warship Association. http://www.warships.org.uk/SWA%20about%20us.htm

Hope the above can get you on track

Regards Kevin

Stuart Brown27/12/2007 10:53:00
16 forum posts

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the pointers I will try the links you suggested.

Stuart

merlin20/03/2008 12:43:00
34 forum posts

Hi! Stuart

Wanted to build one of these as well you might try this site http://www.aviapress.com/viewonekit.htm?ARM-019 some very useful pictures and the book has a plan inside I believe,   I think at 1:72 

Worth a try anyway

Kevin Bellman20/03/2008 22:49:00
68 forum posts
2 photos

Hi Stuart,

Found those pics I refered to. I have posted these in my gallery.

In the second pic there is a reference book titled 'Soviet Naval Power. G5 Class MTB by Przemyslaw Budzson.

Might be worth seeing if you can get a copy  perhaps from the libary

Regards Kevin 

Valentin Ramirez21/03/2008 20:51:00
10 forum posts
36 photos

I attached in my gallery some pictures from russian Web pages.

The book of Armia I think is out of print, because I tryed to buy it some times, in some differents russian book stores in the Web (I know russian language), and I coud not do it. I even asked for it to www.aviapress.com twice, but, as I expalined, I could not buy it.

For that, I posted some days ago a chinese web page where is possible to find it, but it was deleted from the forum.

Valentin Ramirez03/04/2008 07:08:00
10 forum posts
36 photos

Real pictures:

http://forums.airbase.ru/2008/01/t59437--Torpednye-katera.html

Herrmill08/06/2008 09:26:00
10 forum posts
Stuart, Am curious if you've located the plans for the G5. I'm planning to build a BK1125 later this year using a new kit due out, but & would like to follow with the G5. Chuck
Kevin Bellman06/09/2008 17:31:00
68 forum posts
2 photos

Hi Stuart / Chuck,

Came across this article today reference both the G5 & BK1125 as 1/35 kits plus a reference book.

http://www.modelshipwrights.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=983

Hope its some help

Kevin

Valentin Ramirez06/09/2008 20:47:00
10 forum posts
36 photos
Hi, I have just add some nice pictures in "My Gallery" ,about a Tupolev G5 placed in a park of Sebastopol.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
SLEC
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Premier March
Sarik
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor