Brutus

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul T03/12/2013 18:00:47
7148 forum posts
1208 photos
2 articles

Tom

That's exactly the piece of kit that I am looking for.

Cheers

Paul

Paul T04/12/2013 20:32:40
7148 forum posts
1208 photos
2 articles

The keel is now detailed

brutus keelr1.jpg

The cut out in the lower bow is a weight saving feature.

brutus 02.jpg

You can see how the keel relates to the basic design.

Paul

Edited By Paul T on 04/12/2013 20:36:02

Dave Milbourn04/12/2013 21:06:58
4003 forum posts
282 photos

Paul
Please note that the belt drive Tom has found is for 800-sized motors. These may be too big for Brutus.
Dave M

ashley needham04/12/2013 21:27:07
6608 forum posts
153 photos

Paul, how fast do you see this going? Or perhaps how fast do you WANT it going is the question?

Ashley

Paul T05/12/2013 15:13:45
7148 forum posts
1208 photos
2 articles

Dave

Thanks for the warning but £32 each is a bit rich for me so I will be making a bespoke set.

Ashley

Personally I don't envisage doing anything more than 15mph as I am principally designing for looks rather than excessive speed but theoretically the hull is capable of straight line speeds somewhere between 25 > 30mph.

Paul

Paul T05/12/2013 17:15:54
7148 forum posts
1208 photos
2 articles

The main frames

brutus frames.jpg

Dave Milbourn05/12/2013 18:51:03
4003 forum posts
282 photos

I like F7 best.....................wink

Sgt Pepper

ashley needham05/12/2013 19:41:50
6608 forum posts
153 photos

!! wont say it. Ashley smile o

too early to ask about top access??

Bob Abell06/12/2013 06:40:15
8906 forum posts
2783 photos

Hello Paul

This looks a very interesting project................. But the motors and props look extremely small?

Why don`t you move the motors forward and abandon the belt drive?

The lightening holes add a touch of quality to the model, was that your intention?

I think I`ve seen a photo recently of this boat.......Have I?

Bob

Paul T06/12/2013 07:24:59
7148 forum posts
1208 photos
2 articles

Dave:

I can just see you standing by a lamppost.

Ashley:

No its not to early......main access will be via the cabin superstructure and secondary access via the forward deck.

Bob:

Worry not as the motors and props are more than adequate for both long term endurance and sustained periods of speed.

The only image of Brutus is this one and as far as I am aware this design is unique.

brutus.jpg

The hull is a sea axe design that has been fascinating me for a long time whilst the cabin has its roots in Maximilian.

Paul

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor