Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Vic Smeed's Model Boat Designs

Tony Hadley's list

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Robert Putley12/07/2016 08:34:51
24 forum posts

Many thanks for that. Shall place an order for both as soon as I return from my holiday.

These will be winter projects.

Thank you again

Robert Putley13/07/2016 07:05:16
24 forum posts

Funny old world. Emailed the pic of the Flatso to my brother, which he immediately recognised!

Turns out he recently purchased a load of early RCM&E's, one of which has the free plans for the Flatso!

Tony Hadley13/07/2016 14:36:50
885 forum posts
525 photos

Those magazines are a nice find.

As previous - good luck with the build. Note your earlier post regarding the Bullet motor, if I was building a fast model, I would choose a new brushless installation, but that is my own personal opinion.

Vic and Philip Connolly were good friends as can be seen from the cover of a plans handbook and a book from the 1970s. I understand Philip emigrated to Australia.

plans handbook (2).jpeg

1970 radio control model boats.jpeg

Robert Putley13/07/2016 16:09:36
24 forum posts

Thank you Tony, shall probably commence the build come the winter months.

With regard to the Snapper, the reason I thought I would build that is to use the bullet that I kept unused all these years, haven given away a rather fine fiberglass racing hull I'd bought together with the bullet some time ago.

Yesterday, I removed the bullet from it's box and was somewhat taken aback by its size and weight compared to todays offerings. Sooo....I agree with you!!

Well, I shall probably put the Snapper idea on the back burner, and should I later decide to go ahead with the idea, it will be to fit it out with a moder set up.

Daniel Cardona 107/09/2016 13:06:35
38 forum posts
53 photos
Posted by Tony Hadley on 30/09/2013 21:24:55:

Remora, one of Vic's classic designs appeared on page 63 in the November 2013 Model Boats magazine. The item by Dave Wooley featured the Vintage Model Power Boat Weekend at the Fleetwood Club. An excellent item and photographs for vintage model boat builders and admirers.

remora (2).jpg

The use of the photograph was by kind permission of the editor.

Tony

Where you can find the plans for this particular model? I like the shape of it.

Dave Milbourn07/09/2016 13:29:48
3673 forum posts
230 photos

Daniel

I have the plan as a PDF file, for printing out full-size, but I don't have an article or photos. That said, there's enough detail on the plan to enable a competent builder to finish the model. If you send me your regular E-Mail address by Private Message I'll send you the file. The usual price is a contribution to the RNLI - the amount is your decision entirely.

Dave Milbourn

Tony Hadley07/09/2016 14:49:32
885 forum posts
525 photos

Here is the magazine item from December 1964 to complement Dave's generous offer. To see the images enlarged click on the image, hover over and the plus sign will appear, click on this.

remora mm(1).jpg

remora mm(2).jpg

remora mm(3).jpg

Daniel Cardona 107/09/2016 17:28:32
38 forum posts
53 photos
Posted by Dave Milbourn on 07/09/2016 13:29:48:

Daniel

I have the plan as a PDF file, for printing out full-size, but I don't have an article or photos. That said, there's enough detail on the plan to enable a competent builder to finish the model. If you send me your regular E-Mail address by Private Message I'll send you the file. The usual price is a contribution to the RNLI - the amount is your decision entirely.

Dave Milbourn

Thanks Dave for you Kind Offer, By anychance did you get your PDF file plan from AEROFRED website. I downloaded a Remora plan from there but it says that the plan is reduced by 50% in scale. Is yours the Same?

Kind Regards

Daniel

Dave Milbourn07/09/2016 18:48:14
3673 forum posts
230 photos

No, I did not, and it is full-size.

Daniel Cardona 107/09/2016 18:51:05
38 forum posts
53 photos
Posted by Dave Milbourn on 07/09/2016 18:48:14:

No, I did not, and it is full-size.

Private Msg Sent yeslaugh

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier Thursday
Shrek
Meridienne Oct 19
Pendle Boilers
Premier March
PremierJuly 2019
JSB MODELS
Sarik
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor