Forum sponsored by Dremel

Vic Smeed's Model Boat Designs

Tony Hadley's list

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
The Long Build05/01/2016 17:55:41
684 forum posts
270 photos

Came across this site the other day, he seems to list it as available. ( seems to be a bit of an Archivist)

**LINK**

Tony Hadley14/01/2016 12:47:33
897 forum posts
536 photos

Good article in the February 2016 magazine about a build (by Stephen Day) of Vic's Pirana design - and I thought my models took a long time to build!

pirana (1).jpeg

Colin Bishop14/01/2016 13:04:44
4469 forum posts
6055 photos
396 articles

I have put up the Pirana article as a feature on the website - link is on home page.

Colin

Paul T14/01/2016 13:46:44
7091 forum posts
1198 photos
2 articles

The Pirana article is well worth reading.

The Long Build01/02/2016 16:50:14
684 forum posts
270 photos
Posted by Tony Hadley on 17/09/2015 09:03:08:

Nice find Larry, have you also got Sea Rider in your archive?

from hamlyn book-wind rider.jpeg

from hamlyn book-wind rider (2) .jpeg

from hamlyn book-sea rider.jpeg

Apparently I do !!

wp_20160201_005.jpg

Edited By The Long Build on 01/02/2016 16:50:57

Tony Hadley01/02/2016 21:28:09
897 forum posts
536 photos

Larry,

Your archive is a real treasure trove. Who knows what next - will be posting 'Lorena', the missing one from the series of five ladies names beginning with 'Lor'. Lorelei, Lorette, Lorosa and Lorraine were the other four. I can remember Colin saying in a post some time ago this one went astray before 1975.

If anyone has the plan for this in archive, please give me first refusal to buy or loan this plan. The magazine item was from October 1958 Model Maker magazine and the plan number was MM526.

The Long Build01/02/2016 22:06:41
684 forum posts
270 photos

I can't see any record that there was a plan with that issue ?

Tony Hadley01/02/2016 22:51:56
897 forum posts
536 photos

Sorry for the poor description in the previous post Larry. Lorena was only ever sold as a plan in the plans service, but the accompanying magazine item was featured in the October 1958 Model Maker.

Looking at the two plans Wind Rider and Sea Rider, they were neat little designs, but time-expired I think.

Tony Hadley02/02/2016 09:33:31
897 forum posts
536 photos

Looking at the models which Vic designed for TV programmes, other than Wind Rider and Sea Rider, a later design was Oil Rig support vessel Ulsterman. Came as a free plan in the back of the book which accompanied the 1985 Ulster and Channel 4 TV series Model Magic. The plan for this small easy build model is over a few pages..

model magic - 1985.jpeg

ulsterman (1).jpg

ulsterman (2).jpg

Tony Hadley21/02/2016 19:12:46
897 forum posts
536 photos

Found these three clips of Moonglow (MM800) on youtube. The third clip mentions Antares, but reading the text identifies it to be Moonglow.

**LINK**

**LINK**

**LINK**

moonglow (3).jpg

moonglow (4) - original item.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Premier March
Premier Thursday
Sarik
Shrek
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Cadma new
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor