Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Barry Foote18/11/2007 13:39:00
161 forum posts
93 photos
Now this I like. Looks great on the water
Bob Abell19/11/2007 07:01:00
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Thank you Barry.................it was quite querky and novel chugging round the pond and since it had independent motors......it was fun to experiment........it also had REAL smoke!......I had a little tin inside the funnel and I simply dropped inside smouldering mosquito strips!........the smell was a bit iffy!

This model prompted me to make the Jeanie Deans paddle steamer

Barry Foote19/11/2007 07:43:00
161 forum posts
93 photos

Bob,

You keep going. I have a smoking stack in my Talacre made with a an old and empty tin of airfix paint with wires passing through it into which is placed a thin oil which smokes when a current passes through it. It doesnt give out much smoke though so am working on a different method on my next one, the Lady T steam tug. Bye for now.

Paul Freshney19/11/2007 20:57:00
295 forum posts
15 photos
Bob/ How about 2-3 pictures + 300-400 words about your model for 'Reader's Model's' in Model boats magazine?
Barry Foote19/11/2007 21:09:00
161 forum posts
93 photos
Sorry Paul, I think you sent this to Barry instead of Bob. If you want to see my Talacre she appears with my other models at the Model Boats website. Barry Foote
Bob Abell19/11/2007 21:49:00
9337 forum posts
2985 photos
I`m a little confused here.....................Please re-phrase the question!
Barry Foote19/11/2007 21:55:00
161 forum posts
93 photos

Sorry Bob my mistake. Not used to thes Forums.....Ignore my last comment pleasel,

Barry

Bob Abell20/11/2007 08:22:00
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

I`m not used to this forum either!

Bob Abell20/11/2007 13:12:00
9337 forum posts
2985 photos
Will Paul Freshney, Editor of ModelBoats, please E-mail me with further information.....please
Paul Freshney20/11/2007 13:23:00
295 forum posts
15 photos
To Bob Abell - You have chosen to keep your email details private - therefore I cannot email you. My contact email address is editor@modelboats.co.uk. If you would care to email me then I can give you further information-------

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Sarik
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Premier March
SLEC
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor