Gas Cartridge suppliers

Taymar

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Fred Graham15/11/2007 10:38:00
33 forum posts
5 photos

Hi,

I have been reading the articles by Peter Arnot (Model Boats 1993) on the construction of the plant for a V4 steam engine. In it he talks about Taymar gas canisters with particular reference numbers. I have trawled the internet and cannot find any site for Taymar.

Can anyone tell me the telephone number or the address for Taymar as they also apparently supply spare jets etc. for boiler burners.

Thanking you in anticipation,  Regards, Fred Graham 

Fred Graham15/11/2007 20:44:00
33 forum posts
5 photos

Hi,

Since asking the question about Taymar I have found that they seem to be defunct and a new company with the website info@rekri8.co.uk

Their mailing address is;

Unit 34

Meadow Industrial Est.

Water Street

Stockport, Cheshire

SK1 2BU

Tel 0161 4773330

Their gas seems to be called GoSystem and whether or not they will maintain the gas canisters referred to in Peter Arnotts series I hope to find out when I make contact

Fred G

Eddie Price 204/01/2008 11:02:00
70 forum posts
30 photos

I was recently looking for these cyclinders for a small butane torch and found them at Do It All (or is it now Focus) DIY stores. They have a complete range of GoSystem cyclinders. I found the rekri8 web site a bit of a dead loss. They didn't reply to any of my e-mails.

Eddie Price 

Exsnapper14/01/2008 11:49:00
4 forum posts

If you need gas fittings, try Jerry Watson of Clevedon Steam.

He used to work for Cheddar Steam until it folded. He has taken on most of the 'useful items' range. I suspect that will include the pipework and the gas jets as well as fittings for filling tanks and connecting to disposable cyinders.

If there is something he cant supply directly, he will almost certainly point you in the right direction....

His email is clevedon.steam@virgin.net  or phone him on 01275 871381

I use disposable gas cans from my local hadware shop, these are propane/butane mix. I have fittings for direct connection and fillers for small tanks place inside models. All my boats use a No.8 gas jet and have ceramic burners for the boilers.

Hope this helps you,

Phil

Gerald Gardiner09/08/2008 23:44:00
57 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Fred,

I think Taymar was bought by Coleman. I have found that most of the small camping stove canisters have the same thread as what Taymar used 7 /16" x 28tpi UNS. You could probably buy the Jets at a camping store as spares. I have found most of mine at second hand stores.

Regards,

Gerald

Fred Graham10/08/2008 10:36:00
33 forum posts
5 photos

Hi Gerald,

I have found Polly Models a good suplier, but thanks anyway.

Best Regards, Fred Graham

Declan Barry 109/07/2009 21:21:08
1 forum posts
Hi folks..

Does anyone know where I can get a regulator for these type of canister? I obtained a model steam engine from the school I work in after it was thrown out in the skip.  It was in very good condition and thought it was a disgrace that it was being thrown out. Its a gas fired engine but runs directly from the schools gas system in the science lab.

I'm looking to use the small camping stove canisters but can't seem to find a regulator for them. 

Regards

Declan

Edited By Declan Barry 1 on 09/07/2009 21:21:49

Richard Simpson10/07/2009 09:21:23
957 forum posts
255 photos
Declan, I've replied similarly to your post on the Mayhen forum, can you let us know what you mean by regulator?  You can buy connectors to enable the use of these tanks to supply a normal burner but you don't need to regulate the pressure unless you particularly want to get in to adjusting gas supply according to boiler pressure or regulating gas pressure to compensate for temperature variations.

What confuses the issue a bit is the fact that manufacturers such as Stuart Turner call these devices regulators whereas they are really no more than a manual valve.

If it's simply a regulator/valve you need look here:

There are probably cheaper items to be found but this is, I suspect, the piece you are after
Phil Abbott10/07/2009 18:57:05
22 forum posts
4 photos
Hi Declan, like Richard I have also replied on the Mayhem site. One thought I have had, apart from the "regulator" which we think you just mean a gas valve, the other thing that you might have seen in some model steam boats is a gas attenuator, which is basicaly a very small gas regulator used with some commercial steam plants.
Hope this helps ===a bit a least.
JC Uknz12/11/2009 07:35:33
141 forum posts
11 photos
Hunting the web for supplier and Stuartmodels have what I require ... thanks for the link Richard

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Sarik
Premier March
SLEC
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor