Forum sponsored by Dremel

Veron Kits

Looking for Info on Veron Kit

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Andrew Vary30/10/2007 13:16:00
8 forum posts

Hello,

I am looking for information on old Veron model boat kits. Specifically I have an old Veron Caribbean Coaster kit that I am going to build. The kit is missing some of the hull parts. The plywood piece that forms the stem is missing. Does anyone have this kit? I would also like general information on Veron kits. Any searches that I do bring up very little info on them. When did they go out of business? Were they a division of Kiel-Kraft? Anyone have pictures of a build Veron Caribbean Coaster?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrew 

Jeremy Caterham01/02/2008 19:18:00
4 forum posts
Hi Andrew, I built a Veron Carbbean Coaster years ago. I would like to build another. If you are interested in selling your kit I would be very interested. Regards Jeremy Caterham
Andrew Vary01/02/2008 19:52:00
8 forum posts

Hello Jeremy,

At this time I have already started to assemble the kit. I am not interested in selling it at this time. Do you know any other information about the kit? What age would the kit be?

Thank you,

Andrew 

Jeremy Caterham01/02/2008 20:14:00
4 forum posts
That was quick ! I am just 65 and must have built mine about 38 years ago at least. I have lived in many parts of the world and the box and a few bits, maybe even the plans have always moved with me. Presently I am in Germany and I have lot of stuff in storage in the UK, but I am hoping to get it out later this year. Whatever I find when I unpack, the box the model etc I will send you pics. I was in a model shop in Dorking last year and had a chat to the owner, who was about my generation, about Veron, Keil-Kraft etc. I shall be there again later this month so will try and get some specific details for you. I am just starting to build a 1:20 model of a traditional English fishing boat. Good luck with the model Jeremy
Andrew Vary01/02/2008 21:31:00
8 forum posts

Jeremy,

Thanks for the response. I found the kit on e-bay. I also have a very large collection of model boats. I live in Canada. I was in Kiel last week for work. I enjoyed visiting Germany.(I even found a hobby shop)  I would appriceate any information you can send me. I have had to fabricate some of the hull pieces as they were missing from the kit. I think most of the deck and house pieces are there. I am always looking for interesting models of commercial cargo vessels, tugs and fishing boats.

Your  English fishing boat sounds like a neat project.

Regards,

Andrew

Tony Hadley03/02/2008 09:43:00
898 forum posts
536 photos

Andrew,

Veron's designer Phil Smith is still selling the Veron range of aircraft and boat plans, that were originally marketed as kits. In this forum I have a posting about the Police Launch, which I have recently bought the plans for from Phil.

Phil Smith, can be contacted at:-  32, Verwood Crescent, Southbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH6 4JE.

Good Luck with this project,

Tony

Andrew Vary03/02/2008 16:21:00
8 forum posts

Tony,

Thanks for the information. I may contact Phil and see if he can give me further information about the kit. I am moving forward with the project.

Regards,

Andrew 

captainslog08/02/2008 11:40:00
226 forum posts
103 photos
hi I'm keith I know nothing about the kit your building at the moment , but I hope someone can help me.I bought a veron vosper rttl complete kit from a junk shop for £8.00!!!! Bargain i say.Problem I had i couldn't sell it as the hull shell was already built so the value as a complete kit unbuilt was greatly reduced . Everything was there from prop to ply to tissue paper. So I've built it. I will be fitting a 27 meg sky leader also brand new in box but will need to change nicads.Has anyone got any idea of what the crew would have been dressed like circa 1939-1945? Scale of this boat is approx 32nd. I will soon have photos available so will post here when ready
mick08/02/2008 19:58:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

hiya keith

the figures you want from caldercraft or mountfield models they do 1/32 scale figures w w 2

or convert 8th army airfix multipose figures they have officer and crew with tin hats on  

hope this helps mick  

captainslog18/02/2008 12:20:00
226 forum posts
103 photos
thanks mick, but what uniforms were worn?Was it RAF battle dress or some form of naval uniform ? Ive nearly completed the boat and i wonder if you would know the approx age of it?that would be nice to know.Will post some photos soon on my forum

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Premier March
Nylet
Shrek
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor