Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Annoying Adverts on the right of the page

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Len Ochiltree24/08/2012 17:24:14
525 forum posts
64 photos

Can someone tell me how to get rid of the Adverts on the right of the page, they cover up what people have written on the first few posts of a topic.

Len.

Colin Bishop24/08/2012 17:51:39
4299 forum posts
6051 photos
394 articles

Len,

That is usually caused by either posting too long a link or by posting pictures together with no spaces between them. Which topic is causing you problems?

Colin

ashley needham25/08/2012 08:04:21
5924 forum posts
195 photos

Oddly enough I get this now and again on the home computer. the script goes right across and the ads block the last few words of the post.

It doesnt happen too often.. and then it is ok?? computers..pah!

Ashley

Charles Oates25/08/2012 10:28:18
522 forum posts
46 photos
I thought it was just me' I get it on my pc and my tablet, sometimes for a day or so, then not for weeks.
Charlie.

Len Ochiltree25/08/2012 17:52:06
525 forum posts
64 photos
Posted by Colin Bishop, Website Editor on 24/08/2012 17:51:39:

Len,

That is usually caused by either posting too long a link or by posting pictures together with no spaces between them. Which topic is causing you problems?

Colin

New Build is one.

Len.

Colin Bishop25/08/2012 18:03:50
4299 forum posts
6051 photos
394 articles

Len,

New Build appears on my screen without any problems. I have been in touch with our IT support who say that apart from possibly the reasons mentioned above, there should be no difficulties.

It is possible that your screen display settings are not displaying the page correctly. The first thing to try is to refresh the page. Otherwise it's a bit difficult to diagnose what the problem is. If you are using Internet Explorer then applying 'Set Compatibility On' might help.

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Premier Thursday
Cadma new
Pendle Boilers
Premier March
PremierJuly 2019
JSB MODELS
Sarik
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor