Project Glasgow

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul T30/07/2012 14:48:14
7148 forum posts
1208 photos
2 articles

Bob

Does the kit meet with your usual high standards?

Paul

Bob Abell30/07/2012 15:51:13
8906 forum posts
2783 photos

Hello Paul

No complaints with the kit whatsoever, what is a surprise is that there is no stand included in the kit?

I would have preferred thicker ply for the central section........3mm is a bit flimsy

It's pleasing to see that the central section fits the hull inner profile, quite nicely

Bob

Ducky30/07/2012 16:46:55
308 forum posts
103 photos

Hi Bob

Just noticed your comment on the fact you've got me one too!.

Managed to track down Stabilit Express and I`ve got one for you too!......It`s in the post

Very kind of you Bob.

Just got back from Bob's, seen the progress on his build, very nice too, I've build Graupners "Micro Magic" in the past and their instructions though very small worked out very well, and everything fitted just right

Duckie

ashley needham31/07/2012 07:51:09
6610 forum posts
153 photos

Bob. I see the paddles are in fact sticking out from the frames a fair bit..do you think that they could be trimmed widthways to produce a slimmer wheel, and if so how thin would that be overall?? I like the idea of using the GP paddles for the next project but they are a bit wide as they are.

Ashley

Bob Abell31/07/2012 08:44:18
8906 forum posts
2783 photos

Hello Ashley

The paddles can be reduced to 48 mm

Any good?

Bob

ashley needham31/07/2012 09:17:03
6610 forum posts
153 photos

Bob, Thanks for that... it may be that this would do, at a pinch, and as you say, saves a lot of work. I will not be building to strict scale anyway (as usual) so I will have a DRAW on a big bit of paper and see if this looks ok.

I did wonder...why was was your GE not present at the olypics opening ceremony??

Ashley

Bob Abell31/07/2012 11:32:20
8906 forum posts
2783 photos

Ashley

The paddle wheels are 140 mm outside diameter and the drive shaft is 5 mm dia

Bob

Paul T01/08/2012 08:15:22
7148 forum posts
1208 photos
2 articles

Be fair Ashley

The olympic committee spent £30m on the opening ceremony could they really have afforded Bobs TV appearance fees on top of Kenneth Branaghs.

Bob Abell01/08/2012 08:22:16
8906 forum posts
2783 photos

These are the jokes, folks!

I`m just wondering about the colour scheme for Glasgow........How about dazzle cammo aka JDAW?.........Or battleship grey, all over?

I`ll be using her old motors.........Sounds ok to me!

Bob

Colin Bishop01/08/2012 09:35:00
4529 forum posts
6069 photos
398 articles

Didn't realise it was Kenneth Branagh, I thought it was Bob in disguise doing his Brunel impression.

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor