Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Richard Simpson's Series on Model Steam Plants

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bob17/05/2012 13:05:48
4 forum posts

Hi All

I have been reading Richard's excellent series on this topic. However, by either searching the site or by scrolling through the whole Hints, Tips and Technical section, I can only find his articles numbered 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 10

I assume the others exist .... but where? Help, please !

Thanks

Bobdoc

Colin Bishop17/05/2012 19:01:02
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles

Hi Bob,

They do indeed exist - in the magazine itself and in the subscriber section of this website. The articles we publish on the front page of the site are intended as 'tasters' to encourage viewers to subscribe to or buy the magazine so you will only see a small selection of what is published.

Richard's excellent series is now up to Part 18 in the current issue. If you choose to subscribe to the magazine, either the hard copy or the digital editions, you will have immediate access to most of the recent issues as well.

Hope this helps,

Colin

Paul T17/05/2012 19:33:08
7340 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Hello Bob

Its well worth it as Richard is one of the UKs leading experts on steam and membership here means that you can ask Richard (or any of us) for help on any model boating problem.

Paul

Bob17/05/2012 20:01:40
4 forum posts

Paul: I agree but still not able to access

Colin: I tried again about 19:10 this evening logging on and seraching for "Richard Simpson" amd also by opening Articles>Hints, Tips and Technical and reviewing all 36 articles over the 4 pages displayed. You said that Richard had now done 18 articles and certainly I can still only find articles numbered 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 10.

I am a subscriber and was hoping to download Richard's articles to copy to my iPad with full size images to read on my regular trips be train to Edinburgh.

I wonder if the Hints and Tips page is displaing incorrectly, perhaps. I look forward to your solution

Incidentally, when I replied to your massage earlier this evening, I got this message a while later:

alerts@modelboats.co.uk
The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The following organization rejected your message: 79.99.146.43.

Best wishes

Bob

Colin Bishop17/05/2012 20:55:03
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles

Bob,

You won't find the digital archives there.

You need to look doown the left hand column to the Digital Archive of Back Issues box and click on that link. Then scroll down the left hand inner column to the blue link that says Go to Digital Archives. This will give you access to the 'page turning' software for the older issues of the magazine. There is a limited printout facility.

Let me know how you get on.

Colin

Bob17/05/2012 21:36:43
4 forum posts

Oh, silly me !

I had been happily downloading from the Tips etc in Features when, of course, I had already downloaded the digital archive and saved to my iPad some time ago

I'll give that a go tomorrow or the weekend and let you know

Thank you so much for your patient, Colin

Best wishes

Bob

Bob18/05/2012 10:23:01
4 forum posts

Hi Colin

100% success - thank you for your advice

Bob

Colin Bishop18/05/2012 11:18:23
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles

Glad you got what you wanted Bob.

Colin

Southern sailor03/08/2012 14:05:35
60 forum posts
13 photos

Dear Colin, hope you have not been asked this1000s of times but Richard's series Modern Model Boat Steam only seems to have 3 parts, 1, 3 and 5, whereas it is supposed to be a 6 part series. I have looked at the back issues and only see 1, 3 and 5. Where are 2, 4 and 6? Regards Brian

Colin Bishop03/08/2012 14:37:06
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles

Hi Brian

Are you looking under the Features heading? If so, you will only see a small selection of Richard's excellent articles. These are in the public domain in the hope that site visitors will be prompted to take out a subscription or buy the magazine on a regular basis!

As a subscriber, you should have access to the full set of digital issues which you can see by clicking on the link on the left hand side of this page. When you get to the next web page you should then click on the small blue link towards the bottom which says 'Go to digital archive'. You should then see a page with all the magazine covers and can click on any one of them to open it up and read the contents.

Richard's series on Steam has been going for white a while now and is currently up to Part 21 in the September 2012 issue.

I hope this helps.

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
SLEC
Sarik
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor