Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Picture upload

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Poppa09/09/2007 07:40:00
14 forum posts
12 photos
Hi there..I have had 3 attempts at uploading pics into the gallery, the first i think was 3 days ago but they still have not been approved, how long does it take, anyone know please?
Vinnie Branigan09/09/2007 07:49:00
443 forum posts
294 photos
8 articles

Hi 'Poppa'. You shouldn't have to wait at all. Images uploaded are available immediately for use.  Check that you've uploaded them correctly.

Paul T09/09/2007 12:22:00
7335 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Hi I have also sent some images to add to my existing album, I sent them a few days ago and as yet have not been approved. The image and file sizes were correct so I assumed that there was a problem with the model boat website server.

Paul T09/09/2007 12:33:00
7335 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles
What a fool I am, I have just checked the gallery and all my photos have been added.
Len Ochiltree04/11/2007 15:55:00
525 forum posts
64 photos
How do I make pics 12kb for my profile pic ? the one I sent was to big.
Manxman04/11/2007 17:06:00
440 forum posts
133 photos

Hi Len

Just load your picture into 'Photoshop' or similar program,  Select 'Image Size' and set to 100w x 120h.  This will shrink the image and just re-save as a Jpeg. Opt out of the paint prog, find your new image, right click and select properties to confirm size.  If ok just upload.

I don't know why the instructions say 100 x 120, as if you look at all the other pictures, including Vinnies (photograph) they are only 50 x 60 !

Cheers Ken

Len Ochiltree06/11/2007 17:08:00
525 forum posts
64 photos

Hi Manxman,

As you can see it worked. Thanks.

Regards,

Len

Manxman06/11/2007 17:59:00
440 forum posts
133 photos

Lenny the menace ! - doesn't seem right,

bet "The Fat Controller" is only 8 stone - and I don't have three legs !

Cheers - Ken

Paul T06/11/2007 21:25:00
7335 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

My dear Ken 

What do you mean 8 stone (I wish) and just what do you do with your third leg? Did'nt Rolf Harris have a song about you. I spent 3 years on the Isle of Man and never came across anyone with 3 legs.

The slimmer Fat Controller 

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Sarik
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Premier March
SLEC
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor