Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Vinnie Branigan10/08/2007 10:16:00
443 forum posts
294 photos
8 articles
http://www.modelboats.co.uk/sites/2/images/member_albums/1461/MB-682-cover.jpg

September Model Boats

Bow piece
Main subject is an in-depth review of the Graupner Mega Yacht Moonraker by Graham Walker, plus a freelance r/c semi-scale electric air boat by Glynn Guest and a report on the Dortmund Intermodellbau 2007 by Dave Wooley. Images by Graham Walker, Glynn Guest, Dave Wooley and a Gallery by Jon Godsell of the Dutch Spirit and Svitzer Bidston

Regulars:

All POINTS
News items, what’s on and a piece on an exceptional inventor

RANGE FINDER
Dave Wooley’s worldwide review of Warships and Warship Modelling including a Research Photo File aboard an ex - Soviet Ropucha class LST (Landing Ship Tank) and all the usual regular features

FOCUS ON SCALE
A regular look at r/c scale including a visit to Kew Bridge Steam Museum Model Boat Show and the Model Week at Skipsea by Dave Brumstead

GALLERY
Jon Godsell photographs Svitzer Bidston and Dutch Spirit

ROCK-N-ROLL
A 1963 music and booze cruise from Southend, a Sea Commander, Elsie receivers and more, by DAVE WIGGINS.

READERS MODELS
Pictures and constructional information about their models from our readers

MAIL BOAT, READERS CLASSIFIEDS AND TEST BENCH
Readers letters, your private adverts. and what’s new for modellers

AROUND THE CLUBS
News from clubs around the world

OMRA NEWS
John Kerr and Stewart Rae at Kingsbury, Willen and Bryn Bach plus more of the A-Z of powerboat bits

Special Features

MOONRAKER
Graupner’s Mega Yacht kit reviewed by Graham Walker.

DYNAMIC DIVING WITH A TWIST!
Dave Manning describes how he converted a Revell Type V111C U Boat static kit to one that submerges

SKIMMER
A semi-scale radio controlled electric airboat for 400 type motors, designed and described by Glynn Guest.

WINIFRED
Richard Webb builds the George Turner Models radio controlled Footy Yacht kit

DORTMUND INTERMODELLBAU 2007
Dave Wooley reports on this, the largest annual trade and model event in Europe for modellers of every hobby discipline.

Paul Brinklow12/08/2007 19:34:00
18 forum posts
Sep Issue - Just been to the Guildford Model Boat Pond and saw the new Skimmer - painted a brilliant orange buit from the Sep issue plans - what a fantastic Novelty Class boat - it was such fun have just ordered the Back Number Sep issue and subscribed for a whole years magazines as well ... seeing the skimmer was a great advert for your magazine and for model boat builders ....

Will be at the Guidford meet next Sunday (19th August)10 am - I have RAF Launch and am trying to identify the motor - it may be a 6V or 12V Decaperm - anyone know of tests, resistance or other wise which will tell me ?

seabird114/08/2007 11:49:00
21 forum posts
Iv'e just read the review on Graupner's Moonraker by Graham Walker . Moonraker is a big project and it would clearly take more than seven pages to do an in depth review of the kit , so I was somewhat dissapointed on reading it.. Oviousley you only have some much space per article in the magazine. However, I would like to know how 2 x 6v SLA's wired in series (12v) can power 3 x Speed 700 BB Turbo's through 3 seperate speed controllers as this wasn't well explained in the article.

Paul Rae
Vinnie Branigan14/08/2007 11:52:00
443 forum posts
294 photos
8 articles
I think I'll leave this one to Paul Freshney, the magazine editor to answer! :)

Vinnie

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Sarik
Nylet
Tony Green Steam
Shrek
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor