Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Bismarck boat colours?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Anthony Rumsey21/05/2007 16:16:00
20 forum posts
18 photos
any one know the ral number or a humbrol paint number for the upper decks of the ships boats upper deck it appears to be some sort of reddeish brown
Guido Sambucetti23/06/2007 03:13:00
55 forum posts
Hi,
IŽm not very sure this will help, but check this site: "www.shipcamouflage.com". Click on the "S&S Paint chips sets" icon and then on "Kriegsmarine set#2". ThereŽs a "Deckfarbebraun" that may be the one youŽre looking for. YouŽll probable need to buy the set to have an accurate pattern to which to match any paint.

Best of lucks.
GUIDO.

PS: There used to be a book in German, something like "Anstriche und Tarnanstriche der Kriesgmarine" (my German is veeery poor, so donŽt trust my spelling) that had the same colour charts as the website, plus a list of colours without samples and a few colour photos. Perhaps you can still find it on Amazon or Bookfinder.
Frikkie Mieny13/07/2007 11:03:00
6 forum posts
Hi,
Is this a scratch build boat or a kit, I am looking desertally looking for plans
Regards

Frikkie
Anthony Rumsey13/07/2007 19:05:00
20 forum posts
18 photos
it is a semi scratch built model at 1/128 scale made on a fleetscale hull i have a spare set of plans at this scale and i am building the parts using a cd of a paper bismarck scaled to that size if you are interested i can send you a copy of the cd and the plans at cost i have been making it for 4 years about 2 more to go...
Richard Dall15/07/2007 10:41:00
5 forum posts
1 photos
I don't know if this is any help but I have an article in the Feb 1989 edition of Marine Modelling Monthly about the wartime colours of the Tirpitz. This article states that as commissioned, Tirpitz's upper decks were light sea grey (Humbrol Matt 64). Ship's motor boat's sides were also Humbrol 64, black bottoms and rubbing strakes (Humbrol matt 33), natural wood decks and wheelhouses (Humbrol matt 110). (I don't know if the paint numbers are the same as they were in 1989. I read the magazines but make very few models!)
Is it reasonable to assume Bismark as commissioned would have been the same as her sister? I assume as Bismark's career was so short there would have been no color changes throughout her career?
Chris Eves16/07/2007 16:35:00
6 forum posts
Anthony Rumsey you siad you have the plans of the Bismarck in 1/128 scale on CD. How could I contact you to see about buying a copy of these plans.
Anthony Rumsey08/08/2007 18:53:00
20 forum posts
18 photos
send email address and iwill send you it also have 2 other cds withs plans and photos of bismarck and aready made 1.128 scale plan which i bought 2 copies of when i bought fleetscale hull if interested you can have for the price of the discs to be copied plus postage will sell plans cheap as well dont need 2 copies

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Shrek
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor