By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Speed Controllers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bernard Osborne08/05/2007 18:23:00
4 forum posts
I have built CVA01 Furious, huge Aircraft Carrier (8ft)powered by 3 x 10amp motors and need a speed controller which will handle this amperage. Does anyone know where I might purchase from?

Bernard Osborne
John Slater13/05/2007 14:19:00
2 forum posts
1 articles
Hi Bernard.

You cannot go wrong with Electronize Speed Controls.

I use them in all my projects including my 2.5m (8.2 ft)long aircraft carrier Guiseppe Garibaldi (see May 2007 edt Model Boats)

You can now buy electronize on-line at www.electronize.co.uk

Best

John Slater
stoogie20/05/2007 10:52:00
28 forum posts
agree john. i have one and have had an excellent run with it
Walter Theaker20/03/2008 09:17:00
8 forum posts

can any one help fitting more than one elec moter? if three fitted one left oneright turning propswhat about the center one? or can they all turn the same way? how many speed controllers? what size mottors and props for a 37" M.T.B? and do I have to fit three rudders? help please

mick27/03/2008 17:31:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

hiya bernard

i have just bought a esc from ebay for about 20 quid its 110a forward and 40a backward

it does the business  for me and it came with a deans connecter and shrink sleeve

the only thing i  found wrong was it had the old type tamiya plugs on the must be cheap

overseas  you have to wait a week but the wait was worth it  hope this helps mick 

Manxman27/03/2008 19:50:00
440 forum posts
133 photos

Hi Mick,

I think I've seen these on Ebay, are they from china / Hong Kong ? - I've heard on other forums they have very poor slow speed control, have you tried yours yet ?.  Because of this I've just bought 3 Msonics at £36 each.  Would like to know how you get on with yours for future builds.

Cheers - Ken

mick27/03/2008 20:16:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

hiya manxman

they come from hong kong i have not tried mine yet but will let you know how they

go for future builds  i am going to use it on my 60 s  launch to power an 850 mfa

motor which is water cooled working off a 12v 7amp battery what other forums

have youread  about these esc please  thanks mick 

Manxman28/03/2008 18:12:00
440 forum posts
133 photos

Have a look at Model Boat Mayhem - I'm sure I've seen a number of replies there.

Ken

Andy Hustler22/04/2008 23:59:00
480 forum posts
10 photos

Bernard i'm building a Leander class Frigate in 1/72,roughly !!!,can you give me any advice or tips on sourceing diffrent objects,sound generators,smoke etc ny help advice most apppreciated.

many thanks Andy.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor