Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Printing of Large Plans

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul Godfrey24/05/2011 21:33:07
163 forum posts
292 photos
Having recently purchased Speedline's 1/12th Severn Class lifeboat kit, I've been trying to locate a printing firm that can print 2A0 sized plans.

The plans are supplied on CD in PDF format, which at 100% give the correct scale for the model. To print each of the three supplied plans at 1/12th requires three 2A0 sheets - the two largest plans measure around 59 x 47 inches, and the third just a bit smaller.

I have found several printing firms on the Internet, but the largest they print at is A0. I want each plan on a single sheet, and know it can be done as in the past I've seen some very large plans/architectural drawings.

Does anyone know of a printing firm that can do this?

Many thanks
Paul.
Colin Bishop24/05/2011 22:54:20
5152 forum posts
6118 photos
419 articles
Paul,

Firms do exist but can be difficult to track down. I had the same problem myself. What you could try is to find a local firm which offers A0 and ask them if they know of anyone who can do the bigger sizes, the chances are that they will be able to put you in touch with someone. An alternative would be to contact a local architectural practice and ask them who they use.

It's really a question of finding somebody who has the very expensive machines needed to print the larger sizes.

Colin
Bob Abell25/05/2011 08:19:41
9337 forum posts
2985 photos
Hello Paul

There is a model boat dealer called...."The Shipfinder General " and he has prints up to 16 feet long!

He attends most of the big shows

Bob
Ducky25/05/2011 10:39:25
308 forum posts
103 photos
Have you tried "Staples" Paul , they do a printing service and have some quite big machines. I think they have branches in most big towns.

Dave Milbourn25/05/2011 14:42:17
4025 forum posts
282 photos
Paul
John E Wright in Nottingham can do this BUT the sheet price is £36+VAT. They have a website. An alternative would be the copy shop which we use, but they would have to check up on the print size and also their stock of paper. PM me for their number if you want to pursue.
Why not ask Adrian where he gets his printing done?
Dave M

Edited By Dave Milbourn on 25/05/2011 14:44:02

Paul Godfrey25/05/2011 20:55:09
163 forum posts
292 photos
Many thanks to you all for your helpful replies.

There's a Staples here in Chelmsford, so I'll give them a go first of all.

If no joy there, I'll follow up the many other leads you've kindly provided.

Thanks Colin, Bob, Ducky & Dave once again.

Regards, Paul.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Sarik
Premier March
SLEC
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor