Leslie Allen10/05/2011 17:25:52
13 forum posts

Obviously no one ever built a Moonwind

Not one of Vic's most popular designs ?

Colin Bishop10/05/2011 17:42:49
4967 forum posts
6089 photos
410 articles
Possibly Moonwind builders don't frequent internet forums (like a majority of model boaters!)

Colin
Leslie Allen12/05/2011 19:55:14
13 forum posts

Colin, it's a shame, but If this was a question about an old model aircraft on a model aircraft forum the response In my experience would be a lot better.

Don't get me wrong boaters are great guys... but some times I think that Ni Cad's are new technology for some of the guy I have met.....

Edited By Leslie Allen on 12/05/2011 19:55:47

Colin Bishop12/05/2011 20:11:11
4967 forum posts
6089 photos
410 articles
Model aircraft have a much greater following than model boats and the aircraft people tend to be rather younger than boaters and therefore technologically more savvy. You are therefore likely to get a greater response from the aircraft guys. That's the way things are.

On the boating side people do tend to prefer more modern designs so vintage builds tend to be few and far between. If you just pick one design out of literally hundreds in the Plans Service back catalogue it is not surprising that you will not get an immediate response I'm afraid.

Colin

Leslie Allen12/05/2011 22:42:06
13 forum posts
Thanks Colin, it was a long shot... I was looking for a simple Vic Smeed cabin cruiser as my mate is building a MoonGlow...
Colin Bishop12/05/2011 22:50:39
4967 forum posts
6089 photos
410 articles
Leslie,

There is a pretty good selection of cabin cruisers of various types in the MyHobbyStore plans range so plenty of choice available. Alternatively you could have a look at Margoletta in the current Construction Special issue which includes the build feature article. most of these models ar pretty straightforward to construct and enjoyable to build.

Colin
The Long Build13/05/2011 00:51:03
744 forum posts
281 photos
Hi
Not sure what the Moonwind looked like but MHS do a plan "Wolverine*, this is a plan I purchased from them some 15 years ago, after seeing it in the Model Boats August 1996 and was a 4-6 page build in the mag.. Pretty sleek twin prop.

The MHS does give a line view if the hull but no picture, I could scan the picture and post on here if you would like to see it..

Leslie Allen13/05/2011 06:35:35
13 forum posts
Thanks, but neither of those plans are Vic Smeed designs...
The Long Build13/05/2011 10:56:24
744 forum posts
281 photos
How about these:.

Issue 169 December 1964 Remora Vic Smeed . Motor Cruiser 30inch

I can not see the plan in the MHS area but see this link for picture.

Or

Issue 181 December 1965 Vosper Dimarcha Vosper Twin Screw Motor Yacht 30inch

This is showing in MHS Plan MM836 also you can see a picture I think here.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
SLEC
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Nylet
Sarik
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor