Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Riverman Barge

Hull

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dennis Ainsworth05/05/2007 19:51:00
8 forum posts
Hi, have just bought the Calder Craft Riverman kit and despite the instructions cant find anything relevant on the plans as to how to cut the hull, can anybody assist, not a novice and built quite a few but no guide anywhere either on the plans or the hull moulding as to where to cut it.
Cant find any email for them so cant have a go at them about it.
macone06/05/2007 14:52:00
9 forum posts
21 photos
Hi Dennis
For Caldercraft try the link below.
Regards Julian.

http://www.jotika-ltd.com/Pages/1024768/Profile.htm
Dennis Ainsworth07/05/2007 02:29:00
8 forum posts
Hi Macone, the link works a treat, many thanks.
Regards Dennis.
Kevin Bellman23/07/2007 22:22:00
68 forum posts
2 photos
Hi Dennis,

Just come across your thread on the riverman - thinking of buying one, any comments on the kit.

Cheeres Kevin
Dennis Ainsworth24/07/2007 02:38:00
8 forum posts
Hi Kevin, cant tell you a lot about it I am afraid as I did not keep it and virtually gave it away. As far as I could see it was as is usual the normal overpriced boat kit and nothing special about it really although there was a big bag of white metal fittings. The hull was a one piece moulding in ABS and as I said no markings that were visible as to where to cut it either on the hull or the plan. Came in a huge box that makes you think you are getting more than there is. From what I can remember from way back when it first came out the write up was O.K but arnt they all!!!. But dont think it is worth the money to be honest.
I have gone off the boats now and back to r/c aircraft and all I have now I want to sell is the Veron 30" Fishing boat Kit.
Regards Dennis Ainsworth.
Kevin Bellman24/07/2007 14:50:00
68 forum posts
2 photos
Hi Glyn,
Any chance you can forward the write up of Caldercraft Riverman.
Thanks for your time.

Regards Kevin
Paul Freshney24/07/2007 22:02:00
293 forum posts
15 photos
March 1996, Riverman was reviewed in MB by Marion Brumstead.
If you contact customer services, photocopies/back issue should be available.
Kevin Bellman24/07/2007 22:03:00
68 forum posts
2 photos
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info

Kevin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Nylet
Premier March
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Sarik
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor