Forum sponsored by Dremel

Plans Service

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Colin Bishop25/04/2007 17:12:00
4156 forum posts
5989 photos
399 articles
There doesn't seem to be a link to the Plans Service now running on the Hobby Store site. I think that this is something a lot of people would like to see.
Vinnie Branigan25/04/2007 18:36:00
443 forum posts
294 photos
8 articles
Hi Colin, I'll be putting a pod up on the left with that link in tomorrow. Thanks!

Vinnie
Vinnie Branigan27/04/2007 10:51:00
443 forum posts
294 photos
8 articles
Glynn..........calm down. I think so too. Unfortunately it's up to the tech guys, and they've quite a few sites to look after.

Vinnie
Guido Sambucetti01/05/2007 22:51:00
55 forum posts
Hi, itīs good to see the magazine site up again after so long a time!

May I suggest that you use less "codes" and more full words in the plans index (e.g. TU means tugs... not much of a difference, really)?

It would be very helpful and time saving when you are not really acquitted with terms such as RCCI or something like that.

Best wishes,
GUIDO.
Craig C02/05/2007 02:30:00
18 forum posts
I second Guido's motion!
Zdenek Bilek07/05/2007 12:27:00
7 forum posts
Hi, it is really good having MB pages back.
Unfortunately,with a great regret, I have noticed that in case of plan description, there is almost no additional information as it used to be in the old plan list. I would appreciate at least the scale, number and the size of the sheets. Model data (lehght, width) would be also a useful information.

Zdenek
kendalboatsman08/05/2007 10:26:00
4 forum posts
I found the codes confusing as well. On a brighter note my Al Khubar plans I ordered came within 4 days. I was very impressed. Will be ordering again.

Clive
Bee13/05/2007 00:16:00
12 forum posts
Codes are still confusing. I have twigged that VS is for Vic Smeed designs. Anyone care to list the others?

Aswell as the difficulty stars I would like to see a quality rating. Some plans are just kiddies models, some are high quality.
They should also have the date the plan was drawn up, and info of any appearance in a magazine. Date is important because what was considered a quality design in 1950 is likely now to be considered way off.

There should also be a warning for some plans that they are included for information only as they are either complete rubbish just totally unacceptable by todays standards. This may seem harsh but youngsters and foreigners might struggle to afford plans which are unbuildable or produce severe disillusionment.
Bee31/05/2007 00:55:00
12 forum posts
Went home (parental) and came across my old MAP plans handbook No2 "Model Boats and Cars" 1975 price 30p.
Guido Sambucetti23/06/2007 03:04:00
55 forum posts
I see that the plans index has been much improved by replacing most of the short codes.
Thanks a lot!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Shrek
Premier Thursday
PremierJuly 2019
Pendle Boilers
Sarik
JSB MODELS
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor