Off to a good start?

1/35 Landing Craft

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Alan McNeilly24/06/2007 07:50:00
18 forum posts
96 photos
Hi Jon,

Update. I was having a look over on Netmerchants.

Warriors have a US LCVP crew and their DUKW crew could easily be converted into US sailors wearing wet gear.

There are also the first 2 USN Figures out for the ELCO Boat with I imagine more to follow.

For your US boats you should be able to crew them up nicely. Don't forget guys like mechanics that might be useful also, again possibly with just a change of head.

Cheers

Al

mick10/11/2007 20:19:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

i have just finished some  us navy figures which would look alright on any us navy

boats i modify these from different model kits on the market at the moment i am selling 

on e bay at moment  

mick16/12/2007 21:44:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

if you want 1/32 figures look on ebay was a from cumbria who makes figures

for marine ,modellung the tug man hope this helps if not i will get you his

his telephone number i used the figures on a ww2 a s rl and they are realy well

made made of resin and on stands so it helps when painting them hope this

of help with the modellers   

EJ17/01/2008 18:45:00
12 forum posts

Since my return to RC MODELING, I have built and very much enjoy the results of my efforts with AIRBOATS (Glynn Guest). Great fun and easy to build. My Mk111 is yet to be built.

But I am still looking for plans or any information to build landing craft. Even averall meausurement of the real thing  would get me started, any offers!.

Thanks EJ.

Alan McNeilly17/01/2008 21:33:00
18 forum posts
96 photos

Hi Mick,

Firstly apologies for the delay in replying and thanks for the info.  Don't use ebay at all, simply don't trust it.

Hi EJ,

I don't have speciific plans for the LC, just the kit build instructions.  However, you might find this site useful, at least it wil give you some basic measurements of the real thing.

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/USN-ships.html#photos

Look down the list and it gives you ship type etc, hope this helsp a bit.

Al

mick17/01/2008 22:27:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

hiya e j mick here

i have some plans somewhere of a free scale armoured L C in my selection of

plans they are plans i bought years ago i am going to build one shortly but if you

want i will find out how much they will cost to get copyed if you want they are in

two sheets ok as for e bay ihave being useing it for a couple of years now and

as long as you check the feedback of the venders if they have less than 98% i will

not buy i have some great batterys from component-shop i found on ebay

hope this is of help mick look on webshots.com and look under mickrik05 my

albums and check out the figures on the asrlaunch   

EJ21/01/2008 10:06:00
12 forum posts

Hi mick and Al, thanks for the replies to LCVP's.   Looks like I am going to be busy. Very helpful information.

Thanks EJ

mick01/02/2008 18:22:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

hiya ej found the plans for a medium landing craft mk1

the length is approx 29"+8"=4"high plan 2083

by l g brown  august 1986  if this of help

it is a two sheet plan original craft was length 41 6" by 10 0" speed 10 knots

armament -two0.5" m/gs& one 4" smoke mortar or one 20mm oerlikon gun

hope this is of help mick 

Andy Hustler20/07/2008 21:22:00
480 forum posts
10 photos

you have obviously put alot of time and love intothese boats and have done a 1st class job ,keep up the good work

Andy Hustler22/07/2008 11:15:00
480 forum posts
10 photos
With refrence to crew figures revel do a nice little box in 1/72 of german u boat crew  that i have painted up as fihures for my leander class frigate.From a distance they look fine in their white tops and shorts ,thy did not need any phiscal modification at all just patience and a small brush !!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Premier March
Shrek
Sarik
Nylet
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor