By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

New Subscribers to MB magazine, disappointed.

Failure to deliver complimentary goods as promised.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
seabird108/02/2011 22:26:16
21 forum posts

I recently took out a new yearly subscription to MB magazine approx two weeks ago. The complimentary product promised with this offer was a Planet T5 transmitter. The March edition of MB mag has arrived but no Planet transmitter. When I phoned customer services 7th Feb, they said we've run out , we may have some in two weeks time , your'e on the list to receive one. I have spoken to others who have also taken out a new subscription in my club who have also phoned cust services only to be told that they will not be getting a Planet transmitter AT ALL.
Before I cancel my subs as others have already done, can you explain what the position is with respect to this complementary offer. Will we be getting our Planet TX or not.
Dave Milbourn08/02/2011 22:38:45
4025 forum posts
282 photos
Good job I haven't ordered a Rx to go with it then.
Annoying, because I've only resubscribed as a) our regular complementary "office copy" - as advertisers - has failed to materialise following a change of MB staff, and b) I can't access the "Subscriber Only" stuff on this website.
I guess I should have remembered what my grandad used to say (etc etc.)
DM
Colin Bishop08/02/2011 22:56:39
4967 forum posts
6089 photos
410 articles
I have referred this to the appropriate quarters in MyHobbyStore. I'm afraid I have no direct involvement with the subscriptions process. Hopefully the problem will be resolved.

Colin

Heather Morrison09/02/2011 10:23:05
2 forum posts
Dear all, I can assure you that if you have ordered a subscription under the offer in the magazine before the 11th of February you will be entitled to recieve the free transmitter.
I am speaking to customer services now and am trying to fathom as to why they have advised that you wont be getting the T5 Transmitter. As Head of Subscriptions I can assure you, you will recieve the gift which was advertised.

Heather
seabird110/02/2011 15:20:53
21 forum posts

I emailed customer services 2 weeks ago about the same subject, but they never replied, so much for Customer Service....... So when will my Planet T5 transmitter be posted out to me ? Others are waiting for the same answer
to the same question!
Dave Milbourn10/02/2011 18:16:08
4025 forum posts
282 photos
I think that we should sit back and wait a while. I'm certain that if nothing has arrived within 14 days after the end of the offer then we would have much more of a reason for concern. If the subscription people advertise a gift as an incentive then they are duty-bound to supply it - that's the law - and Heather's reply has made me feel a little more at ease with the situation. The watch-word in all of these "disputes" is "reasonable".

Softly softly catchy monkey.............
DM

Edited By Dave Milbourn on 10/02/2011 18:17:24

Peter Fitness11/02/2011 05:01:13
509 forum posts
215 photos
Unfortunately, as I live in far off Australia, I'm not eligible for any "free" gifts, due to the high cost of postage to the Antipodes. However, I would like to give a hearty thank you to Model Boats for the prompt manner in which the one problem I did have was dealt with.

Following an error with my January issue, I contacted Paul Freshney who then passed on my message to the subscriptions department. I received a very prompt email from that department apologising for the error, and advising that a replacement copy had been sent. This quickly arrived closely followed by the February issue and, to cap it off, my March issue arrived today, 11th February, the same day as its "on sale" date in the UK. It was either posted early, or the aircraft carrying it had one heck of a tail wind

I simply could not ask for, or expect, better service than that.

Peter.
Heather Morrison11/02/2011 09:32:36
2 forum posts
Hi,

Peter that is very encouraging news, im glad all issues have arrived safe and sound and on time.

With regards to gifts we generally wait for offers to close before ordering the product. This means that we can collate all the orders and buy the gifts in one go to avoid duplicate orders, excess stock and wasting money. The T5 transmitter offer closes on the 11th Feb which is today. Please could you email me with your full name and postal code so that I can triple check that you are on the list to recieve one of these gifts. I can assure you it will take less than 14 days to reach you. heather.morrison@myhobbystore.com

Many thanks

Heather

Amanda Lee 311/02/2011 09:34:45
1 forum posts
Good Morning,
I would just like to assure you all that all emails sent to subscriptions via Customer Services are forwarded on as they are a seperate department, however it is possible that they have replied to customer services not the customer.
To avoid any further confusion, subscription enquries can be sent to myhobbystore@subscription.co.uk

If you have any other questions or queries I can be contacted on amanda.lee@myhobbystore.com

Many Thanks,

Amanda Lee
Category Manager

Dave Milbourn17/03/2011 08:23:08
4025 forum posts
282 photos
It's now March 17th - over a month since the offer ended - and still no transmitter. I've just sent an E-Mail to Heather Morrison and will keep you all posted with progress (or otherwise).
Has anyone actually received a transmitter yet?
Dave M

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Premier March
SLEC
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor