Model Boats Plans Listings

Help us to update the plan descriptions

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Colin Bishop07/06/2010 12:05:07
4128 forum posts
5988 photos
399 articles
The MyHobbyStore staff managing the plans listings (not just boats) are engaged in updating the plans listings and descriptions on the MHS Online Store.

With over 10,000 products listed, errors can and do creep in, some of which have been carried over from the old printed handbooks.

If anyone notices something that needs to be corrected it would be appreciated if you could let me know so that I can arrange to have an amendment made. Boaters are most likely to pick up any errors as they are most familiar with the subject matter.

The plans collection is an invaluable resource to model boaters and it is in all our interests that it is as correct as possible.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Colin

Ian Gardner07/06/2010 16:45:56
561 forum posts
1 photos
One small thing I noticed is that Vic Smeed's name is spelt 'Vick'!  Sacrilege!

Some of the plans are in the wrong category, and the plan for Tarpon ' a lovely Italian motor cruiser' (MM494) showed the hull for the Veron Tarpon, I'm pretty sure- certainly isn't the vessel in the plan.

I do think it's excellent that the plans catalogue is being updated.  I think an elevation from the plan is the best advert as some of the photos that were used in the old catalogue were pretty indistinct. Would it be possible to enable the plan elevation to be enlarged on the MHS web site when it's clicked on?

I'm writing this from memory, so forgive me if these things have already been corrected.

Ian

My apologies- just checked, and Tarpon has gone back to the original photo.
Just looking at the Cabin Cruiser category-MagM2009 doesn't look like a cabin cruiser, I think Giacomo was a fishing boat and Sprat (MM624) is a submarine isn't it?
I may be mistaken, but I believe Lorraine and Speranza both show a picture of Lorraine.
I need to get out more!!
Ian

Edited By Ian Gardner on 07/06/2010 16:56:03

Colin Miller07/06/2010 17:29:27
61 forum posts
10 photos
the HDML vac hull picture is shown as a tug

raymond broadfield28/10/2010 16:09:35
7 forum posts
hi Colin,the picture shown against theJohn Pritchard plan for the 67 foot Thornycroft  A.S.R.L. is in fact a picture of a 73 foot Vosper A.S.R.L.
Bill Michaels29/12/2014 21:04:03
12 forum posts

I found some that look like errors to me:

Under Paddle Ships:

1. Lochvinar Clyde Puffer Paddle Ship MM1410 Plan is listed-- but the illustration looks like a regular Puffer....

2. In the Scale Sailing section, the Spook MM1297 has no image.

3. Under Warships, HMS Embling Plan 2055 has multiple images, but only of the hull under construction- there is no image that shows what the finished model looks like.

4. Under Warships. plan MAGM2003 US Monitor has no image. The description says it is a US Vietnam-era river boat. You may want to update the name- when I saw the listing, I thought it was a typo- that it should have read "USS Monitor". I think it would help to have the word "Viet Nam" in the title.

5. Balu MM1056 Plan is listed under "Static Sail".

Colin Bishop31/12/2014 20:29:14
4128 forum posts
5988 photos
399 articles

Thanks Bill, I have passed this on to the people who deal with the Plans Service and hopefully it will be corrected!

Colin

Tony Hadley26/07/2016 14:57:09
874 forum posts
504 photos

Colin,

Hope this thread is still active.

Just been looking at the plans listing for the HDML recently discussed in a thread. When the plans listing, MM1356, is viewed, there is a plan and hull available. The small advertising plan which appears (both hull and plan) isn't the HDML, but a tug. The photograph which appears with the hull is correct.

**LINK**

Tony

The Long Build07/10/2016 17:43:14
653 forum posts
268 photos

As it was in 2010 Don't think the plans department are taking any notice ..

Colin Bishop07/10/2016 18:17:00
4128 forum posts
5988 photos
399 articles

There is no plans department I'm afraid. Just a succession of individuals taking responsibility for the service among other duties so I am afraid updating doesn't seem to be much of a priority at the moment, especially as there are other changes going on as well.

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Premier Thursday
Shrek
PremierJuly 2019
JSB MODELS
Sarik
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor