Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

SUPPORTING THE RNLI

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
neil howard-pritchard04/05/2010 12:20:53
1520 forum posts
871 photos
Hope you guys don't mind me plugging my passion, but for very personal reasons, i try to do my bit for the guys and galls of this noble cause.
on the www.lifeboats24-7.com site, a guy is giving his time, riding around every lifeboat station on a HONDA 50cc [type] bike in order to raise money for the RNLI in memory of a mates son who at a very young age lost his life in a boating accident.

Please try and support them, and if they come to your local station, give kev a cheer.
on that bike he certainly deserves it.
cheers and many thanks to all of you.neil

below is the link to the appeal, and Kev's progress.

http://lifeboats24-7.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=12014&st=0
mick04/05/2010 20:22:13
127 forum posts
74 photos
hiya neil does this does this include the non rnli station at southport
that is soley funded by local funds in southport  coast they also help 
out the  r n l i  if needed in the past so dont forget us please
neil howard-pritchard04/05/2010 22:29:59
1520 forum posts
871 photos
don't know about that mick....put the question to kev on lb 24-7.
neil.
neil howard-pritchard12/05/2010 22:59:57
1520 forum posts
871 photos
 just can't get my head round this, so please, no quips lads.

i reported a few days ago that on lifeboats 24-7 a guy called kev was riding around the uk on a small honda, raising money for the RNLI IN MEMORY of a a good mate's son who died in a boating accident in 2004, and yesterday was the anniversary of that sad occasion. the lad was called Lee and his dad was called Steven Wood.

Very sadly Steven passed away this morning from a suspected heart attack age 41, but apparently kev, the bike rider has a said he will carry on with the bike ride in memory of them both.

All i want to say is please find it in your hearts to support this tribute, and may god give peace to them both...at last they are re united.

neil
Andy Hustler05/07/2010 13:23:02
480 forum posts
10 photos
Neil the RNLI do a marvelous job and they are all volunters and get no pay for doing this do you and others on this site think that our glorious govt should put a few quid in the kitty instead of duck ponds and new tellys this would go a long way to help out . These men and women dont care who you vote for they just go out in all weathers . In fact one of my ancestors was amongst the 300 men that carried the lifeboat from whitby as the weather was to rough to launch so they carried the boat several miles to lauch at,i hink,robin hoods bay and resued all that were on the stricken vessel .
Now days you would have to get permission for this that and the other and all sorts of protestors in the way . I will certainly be giving a few quid to the rnli this year.
Andy from Cardiff
ps
neil how goes the hovercraft ??? 
neil howard-pritchard05/07/2010 18:01:16
1520 forum posts
871 photos
hi matey.......the RNLI wouldn't accept any input from the government of the day, even if offered.......once bitten, twice shy, in their case..
in their ailing years of the 1850's they did make such a mistake of accepting governmental money to bail them out when in a sticky moment.....it lasted about 16 years, and throughout the time they were laid with so many constraints that in an AGM sometime in the 1860's they voted to cut all ties with governmental monies and input....and have never looked back since.

i have a few projects to go before i start on the hovercraft, andy........but have been looking at the sheets..........they look mighty baffliong to a chapo who has been used to two prop shafts, lol..........but one day....who knows. cheers. neil.
Paul T09/07/2010 06:58:25
7183 forum posts
1214 photos
2 articles
Neil

Great subject:

Those members who sail (or used to sail full size boats) out of sight of land will all agree that the RNLI is the best thing ever and will all know the sickening pit of the stomach feeling when, 10 miles out the engine missfires or the keel falls off and you are suddenly very alone and you realise how far you are from land (in my case 30 fathoms)

Give the RNLI whatever support that you can.

Paul

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Shrek
Sarik
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor