By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Endless Threads?

How do I start a thread that will run for ever?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Rick Devonshire04/04/2010 07:43:31
139 forum posts
14 photos
Answer: Write an article on building a "Slow-mo-shun"!
First Bob's thread ran and ran - and is still running. Now Phill's article seems set to do the same.
Are there any more "Slow-mo-shun"ers out there who have not yet go round to telling us of their escapades?
Is this classic craft set to aquire a following similar to that of the old Aerokits Crash Tender?
Rick.

Bob Abell04/04/2010 07:59:41
9317 forum posts
2976 photos
Hello Rick

I realise my thread is quite long!................And it so, because the thread is my main hobby!

I look forward to posting something new every day and await the response!...............I`m often very surprised at the lack of response too!
You wouldn`t think, our club has 140 members...............and not one have the gumption to say a few words.................and that includes my own brother too!

And nobody from the Speed Merchants of the Bury club, show any interest either!

I`ve often suspect that there is an introductory problem with this website........A few people, for instance , can`t find the forum!.................I`ve mentioned it to Colin

The thread is long because of the subject model..................the scale is the problem..............There are no guidelines to help out..................No obvious electric motors.......apart from the latest Brushless ones of course.................and I din`t fancy running the gaunlet with our committee either..........So, all problems are new problems and I welcome the ensuing discussions

I thoroughly enjoy the thread and welcome anybody to post a comment

It would be nice to see somebody follow suit and go one better!?

Bob
ashley needham04/04/2010 11:01:00
7323 forum posts
156 photos
It will be very interesting to see what phils goes like, being super light and all.

Has anyone actually seen a Billings Slo-Mo  running as intended? and was it gas or electric powered?

Ashley
Rick Devonshire05/04/2010 07:18:34
139 forum posts
14 photos
Don't get me wrong Bob, I certainly did not mean any criticism of your Slow-mo-shun thread. I have very much enjoyed reading of your endeavours, highlighting just how hard it can be cover new ground, particularly when trying to combine both scale and speed.
It also highlights the fact that there are other modellers who know a great deal more about the subject than I do!
Yes, some days there are very few contributions to the website. I don't think it's a shortage of things to say, probably may readers feel they have little to contribute when they read some of the detailed exchanges that take place.
Carry on Bob.
I think you probably have a host of 'silent readers' wishing you on and looking forward to the day you are able to post pictures of your boat flying across the water!
I know I am.
Rick.

Pierre05/04/2010 07:54:24
86 forum posts
65 photos
Umm...... I've built a scratchbuilt Slo-Mo-Shun ................does that count?................(dotting like Bob).............wondering if that helps!
Pierre
Bob Abell05/04/2010 08:22:41
9317 forum posts
2976 photos
Hello Pierre

Any constructive comments on........."How do I get on the plane with limited power?"

btw......Can`t recall how I got into this dotty habit......Suppose, it makes reading a little easier?

Best regards............Bob
ashley needham05/04/2010 09:35:50
7323 forum posts
156 photos
Bob, at the risk of being repetitive.....ditch the fans and try different props !!  (but you knew thats what I would say)

After that.....

Ashley    nothing wrong with a few dots..
Bob Abell05/04/2010 09:55:35
9317 forum posts
2976 photos
Listen `ere, young man!

My brother made a nice speed launch..........Ran very well........`till he noticed the motor was getting hot

So what did he do?......Yep!.......He fitted a cooling coil and water scoop

Result?.......................Cool motor and a much slower boat speed!

So it proves...................................You don`t out fer nowt!

So my fans slow the engine somewhat...........but so will a pair of scoops!....QED

Bob

and here`s a few spare dots.................................................................!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
SLEC
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Nylet
Sarik
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor