By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Website Photo Competition Spring 2010 Q&A

Post any questions on the competion here.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Colin Bishop13/03/2010 19:15:26
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
Use this thread for any queries or comments you have on the Spring 2010 Photo Competition

Colin
michael kemish14/03/2010 00:24:19
65 forum posts
6 photos
Everybodies Kraft mat must be able to tell a story or two!
Mick

Colin Bishop14/03/2010 10:03:15
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
Very true Mick, by all means include a bit of information about the models along with the photos as it all makes it that more interesting.

Colin
Tony Hadley14/03/2010 11:49:49
914 forum posts
559 photos
Colin

Does the model have to be the entrants own building work or is from a photographic point of view?

Tony.
Paul Godfrey14/03/2010 11:50:52
163 forum posts
292 photos
Hi Colin,

Am I assuming correctly that, as a photographic competition & not a model building competition, the photos can be of someone elses model?

Paul
Colin Bishop14/03/2010 16:03:23
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
Good points, Tony and Godfrey. I should have made it clear that the expectation is that the photos will be of your own work - otherwise it would make things too easy wouldn't it!

Obviously there is also an expectation that you will have taken the photos yourself but of course there is no way of verifying that!

I will amend the rules accordingly.

Colin

Edited By Colin Bishop on 14/03/2010 16:07:39

Colin Bishop06/04/2010 14:56:31
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
OK Guys, Easter's over and I'm sure you are all full of chocolate eggs.

So how about some entries in the current photo competition? It's clear from all those albums on the site that there are lots of potential entries out there. Last year's competition was a great success and produced some excellent photos for us all to enjoy so I'm hoping that we can repeat that.

I look forward to seeing them.

Colin
Colin Bishop12/05/2010 19:10:59
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
We have some very nice entries in this competition but rather less in numbers that I had hoped for compared with the last photo competition. Paul Freshney and I have therefore decided to extend the closing date to 4th June and if you have not already entered then please consider having a go.

It is obvious from the photos published on people's albums that there are some superb models out there so do consider sharing them in detail (literally!) by entering.

We look forward to seeing more of your work.

Colin
Bob Abell13/05/2010 07:12:17
9337 forum posts
2985 photos
Hello Colin

Due to the slow responce........Why not allow more entries?

Bob
Colin Bishop13/05/2010 09:33:01
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
Thanks for the suggestion Bob but we'd really like to see more people participating. Three entries for each individual should be enough to show off one person's work.

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Sarik
Nylet
Premier March
SLEC
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor