Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

windermere model boat club

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ted Gregg07/08/2009 22:28:46
10 forum posts
5 photos
now sailing from the royal windermere yacht club bowness bay.
we meet each thursday ,come and join us for 1 mtr saing /steamboats ,etc . car parking included in membership ,all yacht club facilities available ,so come on join in with this well known club .
the latest from the steamboat museum is that they have no money to continue with the redevelopement and the boating pond looks likely to be built on in the fiuture plans if they ever get any money . all historic steamboats are in shed awaiting dry rot etc etc , a national disaster .
Barry Foote08/08/2009 08:05:17
161 forum posts
93 photos
Very sad and a disgrace. Those beautiful boats should be maintained. If I win the loot I am going to buy the museum and get it running as it should be....
Ted Gregg08/08/2009 17:58:43
10 forum posts
5 photos
Hi Barry, thanks for your posting . big problem is that the boats are owned by the inland revenue !!!! given over inlieu of death duties !!! does this mean that they are owned by you and me ???? the organisation who are in control are THE LOCAL ARTS AND CRAFT ASS. And are full of their own importance ,with a 99 year lease on the premises . LOL.
Barry Foote08/08/2009 18:44:01
161 forum posts
93 photos
Ted,

Money talk and if I was able to say....."Mine for X millions", they would jump at it. If only I could.......I really would.. 
Paul T11/08/2009 06:03:21
7340 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles
Being owned by the Inland Revenue makes them government assets and as such they do have a value if an individual or group wished to make an offer to purchase them.

Is there not a trust or preservation society involved with these boats that could be applying for lottery money to save them?

Paul
Ted Gregg11/08/2009 18:39:37
10 forum posts
5 photos
PAUL, APPRECIATE YOUR POST. THEV STEAMBOAT MUSEUM IS CURRENTLY OWNED BY AN ARTS AND CRAFT TRUST ,AND AS SUCH HAS BEEN CHASEING MONEY TO REDEVELOPE THE SITE ,NON HAS BEEN FORTHCOMING ABEIT VERY LITTLE.     LOTTERY MONIES ETC. ARE BEING GOBBLED UP BY OLYMPIC DEVELOPEMENTS DOWN SOUTH,CUTTY SARK HAS TAKEN A LOT ETC ETC .
THE PROBLEM HERE IS THAT RATHER THAN CLOSE THE MUSEUM DOWN FOR THE FORSEABLE FUTURE ,IT COULD HAVE REMAINED OPEN WITH SKELETON STAFF AND VOLUNTERES,BUT THE MANAGEMENT ARE USING THE OLD ELF AND SAFETY TO KEEP EVERY ONE AWAY .  TED  
Ted Gregg10/01/2010 15:31:59
10 forum posts
5 photos
good news friends,   we are on the verge of returning to the windermere steamboat museum,albeit on a low key basis with only members of wmbc admitted on thursdays and saturdays only .   lot of work to do getting pond shipshape ,but expect to commence sailing april .  contact me on 01539488715 or email at  totalshell2@tiscali.co.uk    the museum will not, repeat not be open to gen public sorry to say .  work expected to commence on restoration april . 2010
Ted Gregg10/01/2010 15:31:59
10 forum posts
5 photos
good news friends,   we are on the verge of returning to the windermere steamboat museum,albeit on a low key basis with only members of wmbc admitted on thursdays and saturdays only .   lot of work to do getting pond shipshape ,but expect to commence sailing april .  contact me on 01539488715 or email at  totalshell2@tiscali.co.uk    the museum will not, repeat not be open to gen public sorry to say .  work expected to commence on restoration april . 2010

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
SLEC
Premier March
Sarik
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor