Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

The "Real" death of English Cricket

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Barry Foote10/07/2009 19:00:13
161 forum posts
93 photos
Advantage Aus.......A great days batting........Tomorrow will be the deciding day I think..
Peter Fitness11/07/2009 00:25:39
510 forum posts
215 photos
Shame about the weather, though, I hope the series is not badly affected by the fickle British weather.

Barry, I'm sure the Welsh would be pleased, having received your stamp of approval, however grudgingly given

Peter.
Barry Foote11/07/2009 22:00:48
161 forum posts
93 photos
Well played Austalia. They really gave us a lesson today. Should be interesting tomorrow, fighting for a draw!!
Barry Foote12/07/2009 18:53:08
161 forum posts
93 photos
Here we go again. 2005 repeated. What a Test match. Austarlia gave us a lesson, but did not manage a win. Who has the advantage now.....England or Australia??

Brilliant....Roll on Lords.. 
Peter Fitness13/07/2009 00:20:50
510 forum posts
215 photos
No real advantage to either side, Barry, England held on well under extreme pressure, and the relatively inexperienced Australian attack now know they are up to the task. From our point of view, one moral victory in the fact that it's the first time in Test history that 4 batsman from the one team have scored centuries in the same innings.

England's obvious time wasting tactics were rather disappointing, but that should have been dealt with by the umpires. However, full credit to Jimmy Anderson and Monty Panesar for holding on.

Peter.
Dave Milbourn13/07/2009 23:29:17
4025 forum posts
282 photos
I was amused to see my firsy whingeing Aussie. Complaints about time-wasting from the team that brought "sledging" to the game smacks of pots and kettles................
That said, England can only improve on this performance.
Dave M

Edited By Dave Milbourn on 13/07/2009 23:29:41

Peter Fitness14/07/2009 06:07:18
510 forum posts
215 photos
Dave, I don't approve of sledging, either, but even the English commentators, including David Lloyd, were complaining (whinging???) about England's rather obvious time wasting tactics. As I said previously, the umpires or the match referee should have dealt with it.

BTW, I wasn't whinging, but merely stating a fact that was readily apparent to anyone watching the game.

Peter.
Dave Milbourn14/07/2009 07:20:16
4025 forum posts
282 photos
Aw heck, Peter - surely no-one could expect a tail-ender to play with soggy gloves??? 
Some wag on the Beeb actually suggested that it was a Health and Safety issue........
(Me? I've just caught another Aussie on the line ).
"Make boats, not war".
Dave M
Barry Foote14/07/2009 08:48:16
161 forum posts
93 photos
Tsk tsk Mr Milbourn......We have kept this very polite.....so far!!

Mind you Dave......Love that sence of humour!! 

Soon be Thursday, but it looks like Flintoff is going to cry off again with a minor injury. He really may as well either just play the game working through the pain, as they used to do, or call it a day and retire.......No longer an English hero I am afraid!!!
Paul T14/07/2009 15:18:11
7340 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles
Where do they run the sledges? is this some kind of summer bob sleigh sport?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Nylet
SLEC
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor